Froyo and the camera

JCo352

Reaction score
I played with Froyo today, but I forgot to play with the camera before I went back to JRummy's Rom. It makes me want to go back to Froyo to do some before and after pics, just to see how much the camera has improved.

gixxerboy

Reaction score
could someone pull the camera out of 2.2 and make it an apk if someone can id really appreiciate it

Jer

Reaction score
Is it faster? I'm tired of how long it takes to get the camera to the point of actually being able to capture a picture on this thing. My 4yr old Nokia E71 was substantially faster from launch to taking a picture and wasn't half of the hardware that this phone has. Seems the software could make things happen a little bit quicker. It actually took better quality pictures too with a fraction of the MP that this camera has as well. What I'm getting at is this camera has been a huge letdown since day one for me. I hope they finally address it.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wow the pictures do seem a lot nicer than what my Droid usually produces. I have 2.2 right now, I should test the camera out a bit more. Thanks for the heads up!
Has the gallery been "tweaked" ?
One thing I noticed is that when you click the small picture up in the corner, it goes straight to the gallery instead of that half-ass "tap left or right to change pics" thing that was built into the camera app.

Also my 2.2 gallery took forever to load all the thumbnails but once it was done it is like 500% faster!
My parents live in Casa Grande. But, they high tailed it out of there about a month ago and will be at our place in PA on Monday night. I see you changed your profile to Droid! (lol).
Smart people. I'm in Tucson and it hit 103 today :icon_eek:

lunargecko

Reaction score
Camera

Imho, the camera is much better in Froyo. The pics are taken a lot faster than in 2.0.1/2.1 (it's like the auto focus is on steroids), and when I tried to take pictures in the dark (in the bathroom, hehe), the pictures weren't grainy, unlike 2.1.

I could get used to this. :)

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah I played with it a little earlier and it definitely seems to be producing nicer images and it is definitely faster. I love it.