FROYO 2.2 messing with my sms/mms...?? WTF??

Hypermentality

Reaction score
So I updated to Froyo last night thinking that I'll have alot better sound quality along with flash and a number of other things that I was looking forward to... However I was not expecting to have to scroll through all of my sms/mms's to find out who texted me... If I get a text sent to me, it isn't necessarily at the top of the list... I have to scroll through all my texts to see who sent it..?? Anyone else having these issues? I have done 3 "Factory Security Wipes" since my update to Froyo 2.2... I've downloaded handcent sms, sms counter, and a couple others to see if I could categorize them from most recent(top), but ended up uninstalling them all... I have 0 applications downloaded, so I know that there is no interference with the apps at all... any suggestions PLEASE???

millbean

Reaction score
same issue receiving duplicate text messages in the stock messaging app.. Un installed hahandcent. Didn't solve the problem

blulie

Reaction score
I'm experiencing the same thing. New texts aren't at the top. Who the h$%@ thought this was a good idea?

NR6Q

Reaction score
At least when I send a message it goes to the top of the list.....Until I get a reply......

Heck think of it as a feature.....

Yourrid

Reaction score
I have the same problem. How could they get this wrong... texting is a huge selling point for this phone with swipe and all... :icon_evil:

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3
You can fix it by going into settings > time & date and setting your time zone to 0 and setting the time manually to be correct, but then your updates from other things like Facebook have the same problem, but in reverse; the timestamps are hours ahead.

Stupid programming error on the part of Motorola. What a bunch of bull. At least they've confirmed it'll be fixed in an update.

https://supportforums.motorola.com/message/243204#243204