FroUnlimited Data

Ralffers

Reaction score
From what I've been hearing, the days of unlimited data plans - and quite possibly, any & all unlimited plans will soon be over (when VZW switches to LTE/4G). And if that's the case, than the hell with 4G, I don't want it! To have to worry about, & monitor usage again is such a huge step backwards!

TheMagicalOne00

Reaction score
agreed. babysitting data usage is something i dont think i would be able to get used to.

OP
R

Ralffers

Reaction score
Sprint was the first to go 4G, & they still offer unlimited everything - so if VZW changes my contract terms that's cause for cancellation on my part - without an early termination fee.

porsche996

Reaction score
From what I've been hearing, the days of unlimited data plans - and quite possibly, any & all unlimited plans will soon be over (when VZW switches to LTE/4G). And if that's the case, than the hell with 4G, I don't want it! To have to worry about, & monitor usage again is such a huge step backwards!

Verizon's "unlimited data" is already limited... Anything over 5Gb will get you a nasty warning... Do it consistently, or go WAY over, and your service will be cancelled... It's in your contract (if you read the fine print).

That being said, now that AT&T have brought in tiered services, I'm betting VZW will follow suite. BUT, they'll probably always have an "unlimited" plan to set themselves apart from the competition.

gujupmp88

Reaction score

Verizon's "unlimited data" is already limited... Anything over 5Gb will get you a nasty warning... Do it consistently, or go WAY over, and your service will be cancelled... It's in your contract (if you read the fine print).

That being said, now that AT&T have brought in tiered services, I'm betting VZW will follow suite. BUT, they'll probably always have an "unlimited" plan to set themselves apart from the competition.

thats not true, ive used more then 5 gigs all the time on verizon. i've been almost up to 9 gigs some months and never got any nasty warning or even any indication that they were displeased with the amount of data I was using.

porsche996

Reaction score

thats not true, ive used more then 5 gigs all the time on verizon. i've been almost up to 9 gigs some months and never got any nasty warning or even any indication that they were displeased with the amount of data I was using.

It's within their right to cancel 'ya...:

Verizon Admits 5GB Wireless Broadband Cap - Still advertises unlimited -- Verizon exec comments on our report... - dslreports.com

Slashdot Story | Verizon Droid Tethering Comes At a Hefty Price

Verizon makes good on disconnecting “unlimited” data accounts for heavy usage

What does 5GB (Gigabytes) Get Me? : EVDOinfo.com

dylanthecat

Reaction score
You are referencing 3 and 4 year old stuff. Does not apply today to smartphones. It does not mention any "cap" in the TOS.

OP
R

Ralffers

Reaction score
I just got off the the phone with VZW this very moment, & was told that that as of right now there is no 5 gig cap in the phone data plan; unlimited is unlimited. I asked directly & got a direct answer.

That being said, there is still no official word whether phone data plans will become limited once VZW switches to the LTE 4G network. The reps, like us, are hoping that unlimited plans remain available.

OP
R

Ralffers

Reaction score

It's within their right to cancel 'ya...:

Verizon Admits 5GB Wireless Broadband Cap - Still advertises unlimited -- Verizon exec comments on our report... - dslreports.com

Slashdot Story | Verizon Droid Tethering Comes At a Hefty Price

Verizon makes good on disconnecting “unlimited” data accounts for heavy usage

What does 5GB (Gigabytes) Get Me? : EVDOinfo.com

These articles are 3-4 years old, as has already been said by someone else. Furthermore, the article refers to broadband, as in broadband internet for laptops via an adapter - on which there is a cap. The rep I just spoke with said that there are 5 gig & 10 gig plans. However, these caps do not apply to phone data plans.