Front mic not working - how to use the rear one?

kral

Reaction score
Hi.

I recently purchased a razr phone off of ebay. Turns out the front mic doesn't work at all. It doesn't matter wether I use stock android or my CM installation. Also, it's not just dimmed like in the other thread because of being obscured by some fabric or whatnot, it's absolutely completely dead. I checked it with an audio recording application and even tapping or loud thuds won't get even slighties sound recorded, nor is there any activity whatsoever visible on the recording app's spectogram.

However, the rear mic works just fine. Tested with the recording app as well as built-in camera app and it's ok.

My question is: Can I somehow coerce the phone application into using the rear mic rather than the front one?

Thanks.

optomist

Reaction score
try soundaround?

I haven't tried it, but it looks like there is an app called soundaround in the play store that might do what you want.

Hi.

I recently purchased a razr phone off of ebay. Turns out the front mic doesn't work at all. It doesn't matter wether I use stock android or my CM installation. Also, it's not just dimmed like in the other thread because of being obscured by some fabric or whatnot, it's absolutely completely dead. I checked it with an audio recording application and even tapping or loud thuds won't get even slighties sound recorded, nor is there any activity whatsoever visible on the recording app's spectogram.

However, the rear mic works just fine. Tested with the recording app as well as built-in camera app and it's ok.

My question is: Can I somehow coerce the phone application into using the rear mic rather than the front one?

Thanks.