From Voyager to Droid

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Big change, coming from a dumb phone to a smart phone. Loving it though. :)

My original plan was to get the Storm 2, but then I saw more of the Droid. I pre-ordered on October 31st at a BB and got it Nov 6. The odd thing was when I was in line to get my phone, the person ahead of me told the clerk, "I'm sorry, but I am unwilling to pay for that." Then they left and I got the phone that was set out for the person who left. I don't know what they didn't want to pay for.

It's a sharp learning curve, but it's fun, and I'm anxious to learn from fellow Droid owners.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Probably someone who didn't want to have to pay for a data plan. But i agree, coming from the voyager myself, much of a difference. I have had the good pleasure of being able to play with most verizon's BB's and smartphones to see which ones to get my co-workers. The only thing that I don't think many phones could do it beat the physical keyboard on the voyager.

bcpark2

Reaction score
I do agree that the voyager was one of the best keyboard's I've used. However, the droid keyboard is quickly growing on me. The alt key on both sides is a bit more convenient than hitting the symbol key on the voyager. And I actually find the touchscreen keyboard to be relatively good as well, particularly with the predictive text (something I hadn't used/trusted in a while after having the "v" and then the voyager). My first droid was defective with a bad screen that would not display correctly, but since I got my replacement, I'm loving it.

OP
aaf709

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was very close to getting a Storm 2, but having access to a physical keyboard did help swing it toward the Droid for me. The Voyager keyboard was the best, I admit, but I'm learning to use the Droid's.

DarkGT

Reaction score
My droid is on the fedex vehicle for delivery! I hope my wife doesn't want to actually talk to me tonight, I am going to be geeking out with my new phone :) I am also coming over from the voyager, I love the voyager, had the original EnV before that so that was a huge step. Really looking forward to the droid though!

ksabz

Reaction score
Coming over from the Voyager to the Droid as well and the internet is a million times better.

Big D

Reaction score
Came from the Voyager, too.

Totally different animal. I really liked that Voyager but the Droid is an entirely new world of cool.

I really miss that KB though.

kcook323

Reaction score
I had the Voyager too. Just got my Droid yesterday and I LOVE it! I feel like the coolest kid on the block (today). hahahaha