From Storm to Droid...Best Day In Cell Phone History!

D

DougDroid

Finally got my Droid today and all I can say is WOW!

I never thought I could hate a phone so much, but if you own a Storm I'm sure you can relate! Man life is going to be so much better and faster now that I got rid of that slow piece :icon_ banana:

OP
D

DougDroid

The only thing good I'm going to get out of it is the 8gig SD card haha!

OP
J

JohnDroid

Congrats Doug glad to have you in the family and glad you like yours as much as I like mine!

Dirtynerd

Reaction score
I did the same thing. Went from the Blackberry storm to the droid. its awesome. droidexperts.com helped me out cause im kinda technology illiterate. But now i got the hang of it.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
glad

Glad you made the jump too Doug. I also came from the Storm. What a HUGE HUGE upgrade

Jimbo

Reaction score
Yup Storm to Droid here also. In my case it was not that the Storm device was so bad - its just that they never worked out the bugs in the operating system. I don't know how many leaked releases i had and there was always a glitch somewhere.

This does not seem to behave as a rushed out for the holidays product as the Storm was. I have to assume Blackberry is sweating over this one.

Oh Yeah - had the phone for 3 days and no Battery pull yet - don't know how to handle life like this!

OP
D

DougDroid

Thats whats coming up 4 me too....do u have any expercience to share wif us?

:byestorm:

I think the speed is the number one thing for me! My Storm would hangup all the time and the video camera was just #$%&. If I took 3 videos I might get one that I could actually save and find to replay.

I am also amazed at how fast I can type on the touch screen! I bet I'm 3 times faster typing on the Droid than the Storm :)

onejake

Reaction score
Yup Storm to Droid here also. In my case it was not that the Storm device was so bad - its just that they never worked out the bugs in the operating system. I don't know how many leaked releases i had and there was always a glitch somewhere.

This does not seem to behave as a rushed out for the holidays product as the Storm was. I have to assume Blackberry is sweating over this one.

Oh Yeah - had the phone for 3 days and no Battery pull yet - don't know how to handle life like this!

Same here!

Honestly, the battery thing was getting old on the Storm. I even downloaded the quickpull app which didn't seem to help.

I sincerely wanted to like the blackberry storm. But, there were two main issues that kept me from doing so... the constant battery pulls and the keyboard/screen which I never quite got used to.

Hello Droid. I'm sure I'll have some issues (it's new technology, there will be something) but the quality of build for this thing is what I noticed first when playing around with it.

OP
B

boatman

Don't forget the 10 second time it would take between pushing the button to take a picture and the picture actually getting taken if at all...I almost threw my Storm against the wall just about every day...what a piece of junk...

keiichi25

Reaction score
Funny thing... I still have the Storm I use for the company. Since June 1st of this year, I think I had a total of 1 battery pull with it. I hard had any issues with it as far as needing to do that.

Still using it for work, my personal phone went from being an LG Chocolate 3 to a Droid, and I'm happy with it cause now I can put more music beyond the 8 gigs I could put max on it. :)

I will admit, the camera on the Storm was tediously slow, and some things I wasn't happy with it, but then again, still trying to find good apps to mimic some things I liked with the Storm, such as the power on/off part, or at least, making sure certain things come back up that I want. Still need to wait for Locale app to update for some of the Droid 2.0 issues I see so far.