From Liberty 2.0.1, Stock, Apex, CM7, etc. (ANY ROM) to Liberty GB

bobrohrman

Reaction score
First post here:

I followed the OP post using method 2 to upgrade from 2.0.1 Froyo. I thought I did everything correctly and the phone is working fine (installed 0.8 first and then 0.9 over it using the toolbox) but I noticed in my About Phone settings that it says I'm running .596 and not .605. Also installed Gingercomb Juiced as a theme over 0.9.

I'm positive that I updated OTA after SBF'ing so is something weird with what's showing or did I screw up?

TIA.

cjriddle22

Reaction score
First post here:

I followed the OP post using method 2 to upgrade from 2.0.1 Froyo. I thought I did everything correctly and the phone is working fine (installed 0.8 first and then 0.9 over it using the toolbox) but I noticed in my About Phone settings that it says I'm running .596 and not .605. Also installed Gingercomb Juiced as a theme over 0.9.

I'm positive that I updated OTA after SBF'ing so is something weird with what's showing or did I screw up?

TIA.

No you are good. It just writes over the info in the 'About Phone' section.

You are still on .605.

seadams

Reaction score
Will this flash over .605? I am new to the DX, there is a lot more to this than the D1.

Scott

aintnodroid

Reaction score
Im looking to install Liberty 3 RC1. Im on .605 rooted.

So all I need to do is:
install bootstrap recovery
wipe data
find my rom and install?

clueless77

Reaction score
Personally I never have luck flashing ROM's in ROM manager I always CWM to flash

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Im looking to install Liberty 3 RC1. Im on .605 rooted.

So all I need to do is:
install bootstrap recovery
wipe data
find my rom and install?

Do it manually. Use bootstrap to Get into recovery (if you're on stock ota), wipe data, cache and dalvik. Then mount system (optional) and install liberty. Reboot.

aintnodroid

Reaction score
So I hit bootstrap recovery, clicked ok, then reboot recovery.

Rebooted into recovery clicked wipe data/factory reset but got stuck on black screen with the backlight on...?

aintnodroid

Reaction score
It booted clockwork and I used volume arrow keys to go down to wipe data/factory reset and hit the top power button to select it and it goes to black back lit screen. I am using d2 bootstrap.

clueless77

Reaction score
well you should use the camera button to select in CWM not the power button like in stock recovery that is the problem