Fresh Tranq 3.6.0 Install??

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score
icon1.png

I have a quick question for the TranQ 3.6.0 Dev(s). If i've already installed TRanq 3.6 and want to start the process over again, What do you recommend me to do to start fresh. May I reflash Device w/the system only SBF ?, have just the plain OS , then follow P3's directions here(Tranquility 3.6.0 - Time to make your DX work for you) as stated to install TRanq 3.6. I want to start over because I feel that my current install of Tranq 3.6.0 has some issues that I want to iron out, Boot logo doesnt work properly, Boot animation reverts back to Dx BA, My custom ringtone app doesnt function properly, My wake up screen automatically locks after it wakes up from a notification ..and so on..Thanks in advance for any input:)

CD95YJ

Reaction score
In the tranq 3.5.1 to 3.6 guide it tells you to wipe the tranq folder from your sd card before making the upgrade.

I was running 3.6 & did a wipe and fresh install this way and it seems to be running good now:

Delete the tranq folder

Flash the sbf- I would assume that applying the update.zip would work to if you have that

I then reset my phone back to out of the box condition and set everything up fresh

Tranq 3.6 is running great for me now.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
04CiviCon20s

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score
CD9, Which OS did you have when you state this (I then reset my phone back to out of the box condition and set everything up fresh)? When you speak of the SBf, you're referring to the System only SBF for 340 right? BTW, thanks for responding so far

CD95YJ

Reaction score
I was on the leak running apex 1.21, flashed over to 2.3.34 using the TBH 2.3.34 sbf from their market app and then ran tranq 3.6. I forgot to mount the system before flashing the ROM the first time through and had a few issues hence the wipe and reinstall. I was on 2.3.34 when I cleared all data and stayed on 2.3.34.

OP
04CiviCon20s

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score
So you originally had tranQ 3.6 loaded, then wiped, then installed Apex over 340, Sbfd w/TBF app, Then reloaded Tranq3.6.0? Did I get this right?

CD95YJ

Reaction score
No, I was running apex on the leak, removed apex and flashed 2.3.34 and installed tranq 3.6 but forgot to mount the system. That's when deleted the tranq folder, reflashed 2.3.34 and then did the factory reset. I never ran apex on 2.3.34

OP
04CiviCon20s

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score
No, I was running apex on the leak, removed apex and flashed 2.3.34 and installed tranq 3.6 but forgot to mount the system. That's when deleted the tranq folder, reflashed 2.3.34 and then did the factory reset.

Oh ok, I think I got it now; you were on tranq3.6, deleted the tranq folder, re-Flashed the TBH 340 SBF file, Factory Reset then reloaded Tranq 3.6 and now you're straight right?

OP
04CiviCon20s

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score
Yup

Ok, I just did the first couple steps and about to reflash TBH's sbf file..I'll finish up and follow up if all is good, Its past 1am on the East Coast here and not sure where your located or if you'll still be up? one quick question and not sure if you know this, Could I reflash 320 SBF then do the 340 update.zip ? I think I read somewhere that its not recommended to go backwards in OS

CD95YJ

Reaction score
I am not sure you could flash 320, but its only 11pm here in colorado and i'll be up for about another hour.

OP
04CiviCon20s

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score
Yea I wasn't going to chance the 320 SBF but did successfully 340 SBFd and now I will Factory Reset, re-root, D/l a fresh Tranq3.6 and load it. Hope it runs fine for me like it did for you. Btw, did you attempt the boot logos and animation features? The boot logo never worked, the boot animation worked then kept on reverting back to the cheesy Red eye boot. When I just factory reset, the tranq logo still shows (does yours?)

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Im running jrummys boot logo app and the boot animation changer app from the market. Both stick after reboots. All of my logos reset to stock when I wiped it clean.

OP
04CiviCon20s

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score
Good to know, am assuming Tranq3.6 boot features didn't work for you either?? Thanks for all your help tonight. Its about 2am now and my Dumb .ss has to be at work @ 7am:( Take care and Thanks again Bro..