Freezing when keyboard slides open (Droid 1)

ndeer44

Reaction score
I thought it was just a bug with handcent but i switch to stock messenger and it still freezes whenever i slide open the keyboard, they screen doesnt even rotate and to fix it i have to press the power button until the phone locks then unlock it and i can type. I tried on both Bugless Beast and UD 1.0.0

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Do you have a back up from an older ROM? If you are wanting to stay with UD have you tried UD8 instead of the newer one? The reason I ask is I have UD8 and I do not have any troubles but I had a bunch of issues with my phone freezing and locking up when I flashed UD 1.0.0.

You may want to try a different ROM or an older one just to see if it is the current rom.

OP
N

ndeer44

Reaction score
reverted back to old rom, still happens, didnt back when i used it

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
I know its a hassel but you may want to try a different rom and kernel. If that does not work then I would probably unroot see if the issue continues, if so take it back to Verizon. If not then you can reroot and see if a fresh install clears it up.

odetoalways

Reaction score
I know this thread is a little old now, but it still shows up on Google and I had the same problem with my A855 except eventually the screen began tearing, then stopped working completely. I'm not sure if this is a common progression once the screen starts freezing upon keyboard opening, but it's something to look out for.

Here's the detailed version of what was going on with my phone if anyone's interested
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-general-discussions/91586-black-screen-can-anyone-help.html