Freedom Pro Keyboard help

lmr5192

Reaction score
Hello,

Phone: Verizon Motorola Droid running 2.2.

Have a Freedom Pro Keyboard I would like to use with the Droid.

Installed driver from http://www.otadrivers.com/pronew/notonthelist.php

Was able to pair and complete the install instructions, but nothing happens when I type into the text trial box.

Can someone direct me to additional instructions or drivers I might try -- or even tell me the most common mistakes I probably made while trying to make these work. PLEASE don't tell me it's not possible to use the keyboard. I really, really, really need it. :)

Thank you in advance. lr

DaRealPayne

Reaction score
I am stuck also

Anyone have a clue how to use this keyboard with a verizon droid X?

ndoren

Reaction score
You have nothing to lose by searching for "keypro" in the market and checking out the free trial. Works for me on a Droid 1 with the Freedom Pro Keyboard. Neall

ndoren

Reaction score
To the original poster, this may help if you don't know how to enable a specific keyboard.

For the most part, it works like this: You must have the particular keyboard app enabled in your settings menu, under "Language and Keyboard Settings." That's where you enable keypro, swype, or the android keyboard.

Then, to switch to a particular keyboard, you must long-press in a text entry window (such as in your SMS app or email) and you'll get a popup allowing you to select your "input method." That's where you choose the keyboard you want to use.

Last edited:

eg146

Reaction score
Are you ready for this?

You have to go to the Market and get a trial of an app that makes the keyboard driver work. It keeps changing names, I bought it when it was Key Pro.

Once you load the trial app, then it will work. Be sure to select the input method to Freedom Pro and connect it thru bluetooth.