Free Hotspot/wifi tethering Petition?

Reaction score
I think existing Verizon Droid (of all flavors) should petition Verizon for the right to use FREE hotspot/tethering since the iPhone has come out with it. I'm sure it won't matter but it won't hurt to ask (flood their customer service with requests). I know I could just root my phone and do it but it always ticks me off when "new" customers get benefits that older customers should receive too. What happened to rewarding loyalty?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Is it totally confirmed that they get it at no cost with their unlimited data plan? If so I will definately start spamming the heck out of Verizon asking why I don't get the same benefit.

tappin and a talkin

Last edited by a moderator:

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yes, it's VZW's way off making up for the inability to talk and access data at the same time.

Thunder_sl

Reaction score
I'm In! We shouldn't have to "sneak around" to do it! Specially since they promote it so much! (at least for the X and other "HOTSPOT" capable phones.) With the little tiny unreadable print that says you have to pay a boat load extra for it...

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Looks like I've got some phone calls to make lol

tappin and a talkin

Well, the biggest difference is that since the plan hasn't actually been released by VZW, it would be hard to argue. They could put a limit on tethering, but it's still free tethering nonetheless.

I'm In! We shouldn't have to "sneak around" to do it! Specially since they promote it so much! (at least for the X and other "HOTSPOT" capable phones.) With the little tiny unreadable print that says you have to pay a boat load extra for it...

I agree, but the iPhone is a whole new ball game for VZW, and IMO, it's going to leave us Droid users in the dust.