Free flip case and TecTiles

Reeftivo

Reaction score
That's a cool deal but I thought they were only offering to the first 12,100 s3 and first 12,100 n2 US residents. I was going to register but read that the number had already been met.

Hmm?

OP
J

jgmecarter

Reaction score
I read this morning that they were offering a coupon for 50% of accessories which I did for get to post that with my first post that the coupon came with it as well. But it does look like the limit has been reached.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ah, that sucks guys. I saw it 20minutes after it was posted. Ended up being able to get the Mint cover and tectiles. Takes 6-8weeks for delivery though.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Mine just arrived today (orange flip case and 5 TecTiles). It came a heck of a lot sooner than I expected it to. Usually with sorts of things, when they say to expect delivery in 6-8 weeks, they take full advantage of that 8 weeks and then some. I'm quite surprised to have received it in less than 3 weeks.

OP
J

jgmecarter

Reaction score
Wow I figured we would not see them for 10 to 12 weeks. Glad to hear you got yours

OP
J

jgmecarter

Reaction score
Got mine on Saturday. So far I really like the tecTiles.

Reaction score
Got mine a couple days ago. Mint cover is a really ugly color but I may use it someday. Played around with the tec-tiles a little and they do work well. Now I just have to figure out what I would want to do with them? I wish they had an option to activate a feature only when they were in close proximity instead of having one to turn something on and another to turn it off. Still could be useful though.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Got mine a couple days ago. Mint cover is a really ugly color but I may use it someday. Played around with the tec-tiles a little and they do work well. Now I just have to figure out what I would want to do with them? I wish they had an option to activate a feature only when they were in close proximity instead of having one to turn something on and another to turn it off. Still could be useful though.
Cool,I ordered the blue one.Can I still use the tiles with CM10.1 or is it only with TW?

Sent from my S3 rocking CM10.1 4.2.1 Jellybean

OP
J

jgmecarter

Reaction score
The tectiles use NFC so it does not matter what you have on your phone. The tiles might not work with certain batteries and cases.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
The tectiles use NFC so it does not matter what you have on your phone. The tiles might not work with certain batteries and cases.

With the Note 2, NFC is housed in the back cover (unlike the Galaxy S3, which has NFC in the battery). If you look at the inside of the back cover (either the stock one or the flip one from Samsung), you'll see an oddly shaped rectangle with some gold contacts. That's where the NFC chip is. As long as you're using a NFC-compatible back cover, it should work regardless of your case (unless it's a metal case, which could cause problems) or battery (if you use an extended battery, make sure the extended battery door it comes with is NFC-compatible).

And yep, as long as the ROM you've installed has NFC support, NFC should still work.

OP
J

jgmecarter

Reaction score
With the Note 2, NFC is housed in the back cover (unlike the Galaxy S3, which has NFC in the battery). If you look at the inside of the back cover (either the stock one or the flip one from Samsung), you'll see an oddly shaped rectangle with some gold contacts. That's where the NFC chip is. As long as you're using a NFC-compatible back cover, it should work regardless of your case (unless it's a metal case, which could cause problems) or battery (if you use an extended battery, make sure the extended battery door it comes with is NFC-compatible).

And yep, as long as the ROM you've installed has NFC support, NFC should still work.

Was it the galaxy nexus that came with NFC in the battery?

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Was it the galaxy nexus that came with NFC in the battery?

Yeah, the Galaxy Nexus has NFC in the battery as well. I'm not sure what technical advantages or disadvantages there are to one or the other, but I prefer having it in the door like with the Note 2.