Franco's kernel

ker2gsr

Reaction score
Ah, ok, I see where the confusion came from lol

Well, I'm liking the kernel so far, but its not seeming like the battery life's quite as good as AOKP's stock kernel (whatever that is). I am overclocked too though and (i believe) NOT undervolted on Franco's. Whereas, the AOKP kernel wasn't overclocked, but probably was undervolted.

the app has option for hot plug which turns of the CPU when phone is sleep mode which saves battery I'm not sure how to enable it with a script or something

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
the app has option for hot plug which turns of the CPU when phone is sleep mode which saves battery I'm not sure how to enable it with a script or something

You run a script in terminal emulator. Hot plug DEFINITELY saves battery but its very unstable. You will experience lock ups at some point.

ker2gsr

Reaction score
You run a script in terminal emulator. Hot plug DEFINITELY saves battery but its very unstable. You will experience lock ups at some point.

So that explains the lock ups

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
Ah, ok, I see where the confusion came from lol

Well, I'm liking the kernel so far, but its not seeming like the battery life's quite as good as AOKP's stock kernel (whatever that is). I am overclocked too though and (i believe) NOT undervolted on Franco's. Whereas, the AOKP kernel wasn't overclocked, but probably was undervolted.

Try conservative governor. The phone really responds well to it and helps battery life a lot. I don't run aokp so I am not sure if they have built in performance settings, if they do not than you can use setcpu, CPU tuner, or rom toolbox to adjust the settings if you weren't already aware, or support the dev and buy his app.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Reaction score
Is this conservative governor an app

Never mind...lol im such a noob

Last edited:

grinchy

Reaction score
difference between 14.2 and 14.4

34yo2mg.png

33w5leb.png

3004kma.png

doobie711

Reaction score
grinchy ain't lying. kernel 14.4 is spectacular. i was amazed by the results. if i had decent service at my house i would expect 30 hours easy.

Reaction score
Did you guys under volt? If so, do you mind sharing your settings?

Reaction score
Thank you so much. I'll try those settings. Im running codename android. I'll keep track and report back

RaptorKC

Reaction score
Loaded this yesterday, at 12 hours I'm at 60%, that's with light to moderate use today. Crazy good!