Found an interesting "launcher" that I think I am going to like.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I like the idea... Couldn't get it to work right for me

vgergo

Reaction score
Here are my 2 cents:
  1. It's better to turn off the animation until the watch face you are using gets enabled to communicate with the Bubble Cloud launcher
  2. The key app and the in-app-purchase are either/or. They both unlock all the premium features, you choose which upgrade method you prefer. The key app's play store description explains this in much detail
  3. The phone widgets are independent from the smartwatch launcher. You cannot start apps on the phone from your watch

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Here are my 2 cents:
  1. It's better to turn off the animation until the watch face you are using gets enabled to communicate with the Bubble Cloud launcher
  2. The key app and the in-app-purchase are either/or. They both unlock all the premium features, you choose which upgrade method you prefer. The key app's play store description explains this in much detail
  3. The phone widgets are independent from the smartwatch launcher. You cannot start apps on the phone from your watch
Welcome to the forum! Thanks for the input.

vgergo

Reaction score
I figured out how to import this:
license-important-note (Small).png

So, don't buy both (unless you want to give extra support)

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here are my 2 cents:
It's probably me but why would one want to start an app on their phone from their watch? Is it start the app, reach for phone, app is already open and waiting for input? I just can't wrap my brain around the concept.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
It's probably me but why would one want to start an app on their phone from their watch? Is it start the app, reach for phone, app is already open and waiting for input? I just can't wrap my brain around the concept.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4
Pretty much. Similar to the "Open on Phone" option with a notification.

For example, when I get a notification from tapatalk that someone replied, I'll tap open on phone on the watch since I'm already looking at it. When I pick the phone up & unlock it, I'm looking at the thread if there was only one notification or the home page if there were more.

Sent from my Note 4 via Tapatalk

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Pretty much. Similar to the "Open on Phone" option with a notification.

For example, when I get a notification from tapatalk that someone replied, I'll tap open on phone on the watch since I'm already looking at it. When I pick the phone up & unlock it, I'm looking at the thread if there was only one notification or the home page if there were more.

I get that but why have a launcher open an app before getting said notification?
Let's use TT again as the example. Are you saying there is a reason to put a launcher on a watch, put Tapatalk in its dock so I could open Tapatalk on my phone by tapping the icon on my watch? Again I'm just not fathoming the reason for doing that. Open on device I get, it's just continuing the task on a more powerful and capable medium. I might just have to install one and try it out for the lightbulb to come on.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'm using wear mini launcher & it only launches watch apps. It's quick settings are the only thing that do things on the phone. Handy to toggle wifi & volume of the phone on the watch while the phone is in my pocket.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I guess, it's similar. If you know you're about to do something on the phone, it could save a few seconds or so to launch it from the watch first?