found a better way to keep 4g part two

muffins7497

Reaction score
no more Dalvik wipe to keep 4g part two

Update your Bionic with the 905 leak!!!!!!!
hi everybody, just updated my bionic with the 905 leak. now, i can reconnect to 4g when
phone reboots... no problems reconnecting to 4g. running Gummy 1.2
I believe their is a 1.2.5 version out.. haven't tried it out yet.. lately, having
problems with Gummy nightly updates.. boot loop most of the time with May updates.
27-31 of May. I just rebooted my phone 5 times to make sure it wasn't a fluke,
got strong 4g signal each time. no more wipe dalvik for me!!!!!

ps.. when you update to 905 and you get a error message:e:signature verification failed
it took me about 3 weeks to figure it out.. i tried everything and found out i had
a bad sd card. so if you get a error message, swap out sd card to see if that helps. my sd card was working
fine so i never suspected it.. because it was working!!!

t1.8matt

Reaction score
That's great. I'm currently running Eclipse because of the 4g problems I was having with Axiom, I'll have to give this a shot and reflash it to see if that helps. I tried loading .905 a week ago and got an error during the install, I'll try redownloading again from my computer to see if that helps with loading .905.

OP
M

muffins7497

Reaction score
Also running 905 since the day it was leaked. This seems to be as good as GB gets. Minor improvements in every aspect, data, battery life (yes even OCed), etc

yeah, your right.. i had 902 and for the life of me, i could not flash to 904 or 905 until i switch out my
sd card.. like i said before, sd card was working and never suspected it. after flashing with 905,
no more rebooting and wiping Dalvik to get 4g signal.
i think 905 is the part of the ICE upgrade path. i think Motorola team may be cumulatively using
us as a guinea pig or suckers!!!!

OP
M

muffins7497

Reaction score
That's great. I'm currently running Eclipse because of the 4g problems I was having with Axiom, I'll have to give this a shot and reflash it to see if that helps. I tried loading .905 a week ago and got an error during the install, I'll try redownloading again from my computer to see if that helps with loading .905.

hey, what's going on? so you gave up on ice? i don't blame you. i was close myself. update to 905
if you are having error message.. try a different sd card.. i had the same error message
e:signature verification faild

t1.8matt

Reaction score
Yeah, I need to have a reliable data signal since I use this phone for work and everything else in my life, so Eclipse seemed to be the way to go until the data problems on ICS. I just bought a new 32gb card, so my card shouldn't b the issue with loading .905. Too bad there's no way to load it from the internal card.

OP
M

muffins7497

Reaction score
Yeah, I need to have a reliable data signal since I use this phone for work and everything else in my life, so Eclipse seemed to be the way to go until the data problems on ICS. I just bought a new 32gb card, so my card shouldn't b the issue with loading .905. Too bad there's no way to load it from the internal card.

i don't see any reason why you cannot install 905 over 902.. I was back on stock 902 and i know my
sd card was working, i know for 100%, the card is working.. that's what i believed. if you have a extra sd card,
format the card and try that. just give it a go at it.
i am running ICE and i am not having any issues you and i were having before. No more Dalvik under 905!!!!
Gummy 1.2 and Bionic 905 update

t1.8matt

Reaction score
It wasn't an issue of installing over .902, it would be cool if I could install it from the internal memory instead of putting it on my external sd-card so the external card wouldn't be a factor. But I'll definately be giving it a go again.

OP
M

muffins7497

Reaction score
i don't think you can do it like that in 902. you can only update in Motorola recovery with ex-SD card
i believe or maybe it can be done in safe-strap internally.
like i said before, i am not having any issues with ice.. let me know how it turn out.
i am going to use it until something better comes out and it's been on for
about 3 hrs and battery is down 5% on stand bye.

t1.8matt

Reaction score
Yeah, I know you can't. Has to be done from external card in factory boot setup.

OP
M

muffins7497

Reaction score
well, when you get a chance.. post your results.. I'm on Gummy 1.2
and their is a Gummy 1.2.3 and i think also, 1.2.5

bhp117

Reaction score
i cant find gummy 1.23 or 1.25
can some1 post link
thanx in advance

OP
M

muffins7497

Reaction score
i cant find gummy 1.23 or 1.25
can some1 post link
thanx in advance

i found this on the form.. do a search and this is what came up for Gummy
Goo.im Downloads - Browsing targa

this can also be found at rootzwiki, Team gummy
look for Beta Builds somewhere at the bottom and you will get 1.2 link
also install goomanger from market, so you can get the update.
click on Targa link only
hope this helps you because i do not know if i can link another site.
[h=1][/h]

t1.8matt

Reaction score
Got .905 to load, no luck with Axiom or Gummy. Could not get a consistent 4g signal, let alone 3g. So, back to Eclipse for me. Where are you finding the latest version of Gummy?