Former iphone user just ordered new droid and can hardly wait till tomorrow!!!

Olivia

Reaction score
I have an iphone, and I have major Droid envy. I have been researching the Droid for two weeks now, and I even went to the store to try it hands on. I'm loving everything about it, so I finally ordered today.

First I went to the Verizon website and picked the plan and accessories that I wanted and had the total price all figured out, but I used to be a former Verizon customer, and I have always ordered my phones and accessories by phone because I always get a better deal by phone. Well anyway, the website was not giving me much of a discount online with the accessories only taking off a few dollars. Well I call them up and they give me 20% off accessories especially since I wanted a case, car charger, home dock, and car mount. He said since I was getting them all, he could give that to me. Then when he started going back over my order and said that on my first bill it would be more because I would be charged a 35 dollar activation fee for the first phone, and a 25 dollar activation fee for the second phone, I stopped him and asked could he not waive those fees. He said since I was a returning customer, he would waive those fees.

So basically I just wanted to say that if I had ordered online, I would not have been able to waive those activation fees. I know last weekend, the website had a special where the fees were waived, but when I looked today it was not on there anymore. You get a better deal calling and dealing with verizon customer service in person. I am so happy with the deal I received, and most of it was just asking could I get a better price. I can expect the new phones tomorrow and I'm so excited I won't be able to sleep tonight!!!:icon_ banana:

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Congrats! i was so excited to get mine and move away from the iphone. My girl and I were on vaca on droid launch day and she wanted to do some tourist shopping so I slipped into best buy and picked mine up. She was less than pleased, but I was super stoked!

boatman2220

Reaction score
There's a thread on the forum with former IPhone owners. Hop down to it and see the things they have to say. I'm sure they would like to hear your impressions also. Hope you enjoy it and I bet you will find everything to get you set up the way you like.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
olivia!!! i just have one thing to say...tell yur family merry christmas now cuz you wont even know they're alive startin tomorrow lolol :rofl3:

OP
Olivia

Olivia

Reaction score
Ok, I'm getting worried. I have no way to track my package and I know that verizons website says overnight shipping unless it's the weekend or holidays. I might not get my Droid until Monday! I'm not sure if I need to look forfedex or ups truck. I wonder how long they ship till tonight?

will.anaya

Reaction score
Ok, I'm getting worried. I have no way to track my package and I know that verizons website says overnight shipping unless it's the weekend or holidays. I might not get my Droid until Monday! I'm not sure if I need to look forfedex or ups truck. I wonder how long they ship till tonight?

nearing the holiday season, i know that fedex and ups try and deliver up till 8 or 9pm. it was something that they did the past couple years so people (spoiler alert: about to ruin christmas for some people) would get their christmas gifts on time. Sorry, i know there is no santa claus. but you do have to wait.

i once ordered some RAM for my Dell a couple of days before x-mas and was informed by fedex that this was their procedure. so good luck.

styx

Reaction score
Sorry, i know there is no santa claus. but you do have to wait.

There's no Santa!!?? :blink:

Lol, poor Virginia.
I ordered my Droid and got it the next day by 3:00pm. That was their promise and they delivered. Being Christmas Eve I wouldn't be a bit surprised if it were late today. Those Fed Ex guys I'm sure are busting their butts.

LordKastle

Reaction score
ordered something next day [fedex] (not phone related) and it came today at 12:45....it'll be there.

styx

Reaction score
Two years ago I ordered a Madden Football game for my son. We left for a family Christmas party at 6:00pm Christmas Eve. When we got home at 11:00 the box was sitting on our front porch.

Droids

Reaction score
Don't know what time zone you are in but Fedex should deliver by 3:00pm but given they're pretty busy today it may be later. Just make sure someone is home to sign for it. Merry Christmas!

OP
Olivia

Olivia

Reaction score
Yes I got it not longer after my post! I'm so excited!!! I'm so glad I finished wrapping all the presents etc. because since I've got it, I haven't been able to put it down!

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes I got it not longer after my post! I'm so excited!!! I'm so glad I finished wrapping all the presents etc. because since I've got it, I haven't been able to put it down!
A couple of things...first of all, welcome to the Moto Droid! You'll love it. Second, welcome to droidforums....they nicest and most helpful people are on here. Third, take this advice from a former VZW CS Rep in a call center. When you get that first bill, look at the top to make sure the $35 and $25 activation fees were waived. You'll see the -$35 and -$25 at the top because you will see the fees on the per lines. If the credit is not on the bill, you'll want to call CS using *611 and tell them you were told by the telesales rep that for coming back to VZW you were offered the activation fees waived. Lastly - you need to update your profile to read "Moto Droid" and not the iDon't phone.