Format Phone Storage Issue

mole555

Reaction score
Greetings,

I'm new to this forum, so please bear with me while I try to explain my issue. I have a Droid Incredible, and was having problems with ringtones, so I did a hard reset and also did a FORMAT PHONE STORAGE reset. Before I did this, when I'd connect my phone to my iMac, I'd see two drives, one for the SD card and one for the internal storage. After formatting phone storage, I no longer see the internal drive on my Mac, only the SD card. This makes it impossible to manage files via my computer, and other apps like Missing Sync no longer sync photos as easily.
Does anyone have suggestions on how I can get my internal phone storage to show up as a drive on my computer when I connect it?
Thanks,
Joel

DroidFan22

Reaction score
hi mole555

Have you enabled 'USB Debugging' on your phone? I would check that first, go to Settings>Applications>Development> and uncheck 'USB Debugging' if its enabled. Then try to connect and mount again. Let me know if that helps....

OP
mole555

mole555

Reaction score
Still No Luck

Thanks for the suggestion, however, I still only see the SD card on my desktop (Screenshot - TinyGrab) with both the "USB Debugging" checked and then unchecked. Any other suggestions?

thanks again for trying...

Last edited:

DroidFan22

Reaction score
Mounting internal card

One other thing you can try, after you mount the SD card, try editing or renaming the card to 'Androidcard' rather than No Name. Then unmount, soft reset phone and reboot Mac and try it one more time.

DroidFan22

Reaction score
Mounting USB

Can your device see the internal memory?

ie, can you (on the device) pick internal vs card for picture storage?

Thanks

OP
mole555

mole555

Reaction score
Figured it Out

Thanks for the help. I tried your suggestions, and still no luck. However, after talking to someone at a Verizon store, I figured it out. I needed to go to Settings>Connect to PC> and check ASK ME how to connect. Once I "forced" the connection to be via USB, the drive now shows up. And thanks to your advice, I changed the name of the SD card so I can easily tell which is the internal drive and which is the SD card.

THANKS!
:icon_ banana: