Ford sync and bionic issues

knowlegeable1

Reaction score
So, i have a 2011 mustang and i paired my phone via bluetooth with the "sync" system. Now the issue, eveytime my phone is paired, my phone automatically opens its media player and plays whatever song is next in que. So i have to close it out to stop it from playing. Next issue, if i make a phone call and switch back to radio it will open up media player again automatically and pick up where it left off. Anyone having this issue? Anyone know how to fix this issue? Thanks!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

unboostedzc

Reaction score
yes, i have the same issue with my 2010 f150 and sync. not sure what version of sync you're on, but one of the recent ones enabled this "feature"; of continuing playback when the bluetooth is connected/disconnected.

mine is more of an issue of the phone resuming the media player when i get in the truck, even if the phone isn't selected as the input (i.e. im on satellite input). then i have to turn on the phone, stop the music, then continue. an annoying "feature" but it appears that is how it's set up.

i also have an issue with using the satellite input when i get out of the truck, back in, and then trying to go to AUX input to automatically connect to the bionic. every time i click on aux it wants to go to sync line in, NOT bluetooth audio which is what i always use. if i get out of the truck with the bluetooth audio as the input then when i get back in it reconnects to the droid fine but again, it starts playing music player and not whatever other music app (slacker, pandora, xiia) i was actually using when i shut it down.

OP
K

knowlegeable1

Reaction score
Not sure what sync version i have but i have the navigation as well. Never had this issue with my HTC incredible and my old F150 with sync.... its very frustrating...

FrankieZee

Reaction score
Is the stock player MOG? I've never in my life used it, but you guys seem to be describing a situation that's awfully close to my issues with a JVC player I have in my car.

When I link, the car player says either "No Name", in which case I can't hear any audio out of WinAmp from the Bionic, or it displays "stop", in which case I get audio.

I figured the JVC app was the issue, so I uninstalled it, but it keeps happening. The only other audio app on my phone is MOG.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

cybric

Reaction score
Hit your media button on sync then select "line out" cured mine.

OP
K

knowlegeable1

Reaction score
Ive tried every setting combo. Nothing works :(

floydfollower13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I have a ford escape and have never had any issues! This thread was news to me.

josh1980

Reaction score
I have a 2011 ford edge with the latest version per the sync website. Ive never had the problem you are experiencing but I could see it as a feature to turn on your music when you start the vehicle. Ill have to play with mine now. Im betting there is a setting for it.

Have you updated your vehicle sync software using the website?

cybric

Reaction score
On my '09 F-150 as long as I selected "line out" instead of bluetooth in the Media screen it worked fine.

jpriles

Reaction score
I have the same issue with my 2010 Explorer and here is what I did, on the Bionic with Bluetooth on:

Go to Settings

Select - Bluetooth Settings

Select - with a long press on SYNC

Select - Options

Uncheck - Media --- problem solved

Now if I want to listen to music I will recheck the Medai box and then it will sync up.

robert70

Reaction score
Guys if you continue to have problems with your sync system check out the fb sync page, and the Ford sync forums, their social media ppl really know what they are doing, and can let you know how to correct t your problems and when avaliable updates will be rolling out.

cinque

Reaction score
hey, dont know if u figured it out but i have a 2012 mustang with sync and a bionic. if you activate the media menu on sync there is an option to cycle on/off autoplay. mine is set to off and when i connect my droid via blue tooth it does not auto start the music player. i will tell u the exact path once i get into my car.

OP
K

knowlegeable1

Reaction score
I have the same issue with my 2010 Explorer and here is what I did, on the Bionic with Bluetooth on:

Go to Settings

Select - Bluetooth Settings

Select - with a long press on SYNC

Select - Options

Uncheck - Media --- problem solved

Now if I want to listen to music I will recheck the Medai box and then it will sync up.

I did this and it worked. But sucks because i use "heytell" on occasion when i drive so i have to reconnect to media :(

OP
K

knowlegeable1

Reaction score
hey, dont know if u figured it out but i have a 2012 mustang with sync and a bionic. if you activate the media menu on sync there is an option to cycle on/off autoplay. mine is set to off and when i connect my droid via blue tooth it does not auto start the music player. i will tell u the exact path once i get into my car.

I tried that first. Media still starts up. Ihave no idea why. Thanks for the input.