Force Motorola Bionic into 4G Only

Otakulad

Reaction score
Hello,

Can someone tell me how to turn off the 3G network and only be on the 4G network on the Motorola Bionic? I have been searching everywhere, and all that I can find is how to turn off the 4G network. I know that it is through a secret menu from the dialer and once you force it into 4G only you no longer receive voice calls. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
in all honesty, I would leave the 3G alone. when u think about it, its a good back up in case areas are not 4G capable. is it causing problems?

OP
O

Otakulad

Reaction score
Hello,

Can someone tell me how to turn off the 3G network and only be on the 4G network on the Motorola Bionic? I have been searching everywhere, and all that I can find is how to turn off the 4G network. I know that it is through a secret menu from the dialer and once you force it into 4G only you no longer receive voice calls. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Not causing a problem, just that I have heard some say that when they are in a 4G area, it still will send the phone into 3G. This happens to me, and I just wanted to do a test to see if I can keep the phone out of the 3G network.

OP
O

Otakulad

Reaction score
Go to settings then wireless connections then mobile connections, now pick cdma or Lte:)

That only gives you the option of CDMA/LTE (3G and 4G) or CDMA (3G only). I was looking for 4G only unless you are using a different ROM. I'm on stock.

Thanks though.

OP
O

Otakulad

Reaction score
I did find using the secret menu *#*#4636#*#* and some have said to select LTE from the drop down on Phone Information, but I don't see that anymore. I'm assume that they changed it with the most recent Android update, but I could be wrong. Default is GSM/CDMA auto (PRL).