Force close

codyodyody

Reaction score
My phone keeps coming up with the force close screen. How do I find out what is causing this?

Hypnotic

Reaction score
Little more descrpition please.
At the main screen (if so) I would assume this is odd...
If it is an application then there is an error with the application and you may need to remove it and reinstall or wait for an update.

Tillers_Rule

Reaction score
Yea, what he said^^^

I'd go back and uninstall any programs that I just installed. Then reinstall one by one (obviously) and if the problem returns you can narrow it down to the specific application.

Trip

Reaction score
It should also be telling you what is being forced closed...

GreenLeaf24

Reaction score
Email Force close

I'm having a similar issue with email forcing close.
Have three email accounts mapped to Motorola Droid - have been receiving email in all accounts.
Now when I open one of these email accounts, I can view a list of the available emails - but when I try to open any specific email, i get an error that says:

The application Email (process com.android.email) has stopped unexpectedly, Please try again.

I have tried turning the phone on/off. Have stopped the Email application (running processes), and then restarted....

Any help/sugestions/insight appreciated.

JayMonster

Reaction score
I'm having a similar issue with email forcing close.
Have three email accounts mapped to Motorola Droid - have been receiving email in all accounts.
Now when I open one of these email accounts, I can view a list of the available emails - but when I try to open any specific email, i get an error that says:

The application Email (process com.android.email) has stopped unexpectedly, Please try again.

I have tried turning the phone on/off. Have stopped the Email application (running processes), and then restarted....

Any help/sugestions/insight appreciated.

The only way (I have found) to fix this is to delete the application setting and start over. Restarting the phone does not work, nor does removing and re-adding the account.

To completely remove the setting and database, go to

menu>settings>Applications> Manage Applications

From there

menu> Filter>All

Scroll down and select email

Choose "Clear Data"

This will wipe out all your accounts, and the underlying data and give you a fresh start.

(After having this problem myself a few times I switched over to K-9 which is available in the market and is much more stable when using multiple accounts.)

GreenLeaf24

Reaction score
Email force close...fixed

Thanks, JayMonster.
Your suggestion worked - email is again operational, and will look into K-9 if this happens again.

Appreciate your taking time to help a Droid newbie !!

Nland22

Reaction score
I'm gonna go ahead and bump this thread. I'm having an issue with my home screen being forced closed. Usually this happens when I set my alarm. My alarm intially goes off, but when I go to snooze it does not go off a second time, this is the second day in a row it's happened to me. Just curious if anyone else has had this issue, and what they did to fix it. Any direction would be great, Thanks.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Thanks, JayMonster.
Your suggestion worked - email is again operational, and will look into K-9 if this happens again.

Appreciate your taking time to help a Droid newbie !!

Don't wait for the problem to come around again cuz it will. I was having email force close issues everyday!! Go get K-9 now. You won't regret it. I love it and I haven't looked back since installing it. No more force closes. :icon_ banana:

Bpffemt65

Reaction score
Anyone have any knowledge on the following error message." Sorry! The process com.android.mms has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." This happens to me a few times a day, and when it happens, it erases all of my inbox messege. Drving me nuts.....

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
try a factory reset.

crappypunk

Reaction score
uhm that happens on your incredible? there was a lot of motorola droids that would do that but i've never heard it happen on an incredible.

ashecnc

Reaction score
I seen a few posts on this, but couldn't find if anyone resolved the issue.

On my Incredible, I can open a picture message at lease 2 or 3 times a day and a message pops up to force close. I tried to reset phone and it still does this. I took it in to Verizon, showed them a pic of the message, said they had never seen that, seemed to be a pic message problem with signal. Told them its not the signal, its when opening a pic at any time. He said he could order a new phone, said I'd check into it. Does anyone know if a fix or if a new phone will correct this? I thought an update would be made to fix this. Thanks for any advice.