Force close on sms

phillyphill39

Reaction score
Has anyone else been experiencing a force close on sms using the native app. I get a force close everyday atleast 2-3 times maybe more. I've already hard reset the phone.

mjk

Reaction score
Has anyone else been experiencing a force close on sms using the native app. I get a force close everyday atleast 2-3 times maybe more. I've already hard reset the phone.

Yes. And often, just like you are seeing.

OP
P

phillyphill39

Reaction score
have you called up vzw and asked about it or heard of there are any fixes. because the only way to get it to work is to wait for it to bring up the force close menu and that takes a little bit.

droidhead

Reaction score
I get this a few times a day I wait until the force dialogue comes up, I hit wait, and instantly is fine. sucks. they will fix in patch i am sure soon.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i stared getting this after installing handcent. it is rare, probably happens less than what happens on yours, but it does happen.

does anyone else have this problem AFTER installing some other SMS app?

fliphkd23

Reaction score
I just noticed this the other day, and from what I can tell it only happens when I leave the messaging application open and let the screen time out. When I unlock the screen it brings me right back to the messaging screen, but i can't do anything until i force close. Try hitting the home button before the screen times out and maybe that will help.

OP
P

phillyphill39

Reaction score
yeah but mine does it regardless of where i am at. i could close the text message window and back out to the home screen. and let the phone go to sleep. get a text message and then open it up and its stuck. or ill try and type a text and it acts like its typing but it wont actually be going into the box. but i just got my replacement droid from vzw yesterday and i will how that works.

Supermanem

Reaction score
SMS Force Close

I have had some of the same issues......I am hoping that when the update comes out on Dec. 11th it will fix some of those issues with Force Close on SMS....but I have found one way to avoid waiting for the Force Close to come up....just turn your phone from virtical to horizontal once the screen switches and switches back it seems to be fine. Pain in the ass sometimes but it works. Like I said I hope the update fixes it.

artiface

Reaction score
I just noticed this the other day, and from what I can tell it only happens when I leave the messaging application open and let the screen time out. When I unlock the screen it brings me right back to the messaging screen, but i can't do anything until i force close. Try hitting the home button before the screen times out and maybe that will help.

Yep same for me, but usually by the time the message box for force close comes up if I hit wait then it is ready to go without closing it. It is still very annoying.