Force close a single task quickly

kwest12

Reaction score
Hey guys I have a few apps that sometimes misbehave, yet I still need them unfortunately. This means that when they crash/stall I need to force close them. This can be done by going to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Running-tab > clicking the app causing the problem and selecting "force close".

I'm looking for a quicker way to do this. Perhaps a shortcut directly to the aforementioned "running-tab"?

Thanks

PS3Gamer

Reaction score
Hold down on screen and a window will pop up.. Select "Shortcut" and settings and whichever you wish for either running services or manage apps.

Sent using my Xmas present (Droid X)

OP
kwest12

kwest12

Reaction score
That's awesome! I can't believe I never knew about that! Thanks for the help

PS3Gamer

Reaction score
That is how you place widgets as well.

Rocko

Reaction score
I use a task killer to kill whatever app is not responding. That is all I use it for.

OP
kwest12

kwest12

Reaction score
That is how you place widgets as well.

Yep, hence me feeling so stupid! I've been through the widget menu many MANY times, but for whatever reason, I've never even ventured into the shortcut menu lol

I use a task killer to kill whatever app is not responding. That is all I use it for.

I appreciate the tip but I think the shortcut way is going to be far more efficient. It's fast, easy and it doesn't require installing another program (especially one that probably runs almost constantly like most task killers enjoy doing).