For the people who ordered online...

wareagle1113

Reaction score
I'm having problems getting the bionic activated.In the folder verizon sent specifies that there is a activation guide. I only got my receipt in my folder no guide i was was wondering if the sim cards are pre-configured or is there a number to call to get this thing activated?

OP
W

wareagle1113

Reaction score
Reason I was asking is because ive seen this on another site...

Simply "restarting" your device will not help in most cases. The best practice is to do the following steps:

1) battery pull
2) sim card pull
3)wait five seconds
4)insert sim/battery and retry

obviously if you are trying to activate it at home, you must have ordered online or had it delivered somehow. make sure if you upgraded that you accepted the terms and conditions of the upgrade by calling the 1-888 number in the box. by doing this, it will switch out your old phone and make your bionic active. simply putting the sim card in does nothing without making sure that bionic is assigned your number.

hopefully that helps

Edi

Reaction score
Mine didn't come with any guides as well. But once you boot up the phone it'll try to activate from Verizon automatically. But that seemed to take awhile (like 3 hours, and still nothing), so I went to my Verizon account and went to "Activate or Switch Device" and did a manual update. Once it did that (though it looked like it failed twice), I booted up the phone and it went through right away.

M

Mullensbb

They had trouble the VZW store with mine and everyone elses that was there first thing. UNTIL i said "hey why don't i turn off my old phone" then mine worked and the sales rep passed the word along haha. You'd think that they would have thought about that...

PhontomF

Reaction score
Mine didn't come with any guides as well. But once you boot up the phone it'll try to activate from Verizon automatically. But that seemed to take awhile (like 3 hours, and still nothing), so I went to my Verizon account and went to "Activate or Switch Device" and did a manual update. Once it did that (though it looked like it failed twice), I booted up the phone and it went through right away.

Thanks, this worked for me too. Went to verizonwireless.com and manually activated there