For people with too many apps...here's an awesome app!

terriermike

Reaction score
So since I got my phone I discovered I had a problem....I download way too many apps. It's like I feel like I must have one for everything. Before I knew it I realized I had about 110 or so apps. But this thread isn't about my disorder...

Apps Organizer is awesome for organization. Basically it compiles a list of all your apps and allows you to assign them a label (or multiple labels). You can then create a shortcut to each label on the homescreen which will pop open a box with shortcuts to the apps in that label. Kinda like making folders for each category but this program makes it much more efficient and quick when you have 100+ apps, plus you can backup your configuration.

Personally I like this better than having 7 home screens or whatever because I don't have to scroll...each label shortcut is essentially its own homescreen.

May not be everyone's preference but I hope it helps those other crazy people that happen to download every useful app in site....

mitchb2

Reaction score
I downloaded this and assigned labels. I read the instructions at the author's site.

How do I create a shortcut? I don't have this option on my Home page or in settings.

OP
T

terriermike

Reaction score
Long press on home screen, choose "shortcuts", then choose "Apps Organizer."

It will then let you choose which label you want to make a shortcut to.

techguru

Reaction score
You can also use the built in capability of creating folders, but then you need to drag the app into the folder, and the interface isn't as nice as this.

I have been thinking of trying GDE since it increases the number of home screens to 7, but it is a paid app with no free trial so I am reluctant (although you can return anything to the marketplace within 24 hours for a refund, unless you buy it twice...).

Alan

octovir

Reaction score
Nice.. now if there were a widget that just listed the labels.. in a scrollable list maybe..

denlem

Reaction score
You can also use the built in capability of creating folders, but then you need to drag the app into the folder, and the interface isn't as nice as this.

I have been thinking of trying GDE since it increases the number of home screens to 7, but it is a paid app with no free trial so I am reluctant (although you can return anything to the marketplace within 24 hours for a refund, unless you buy it twice...).

Alan

I tried GDE a few days ago. Nice, but wicked slow and the screen didn't draw properly. Open Home is better on a Droid at this point.

From what I have seen with the paid apps I have bought, you have 24 hours to try them out. If you don't like, you can uninstall for a refund. I did that with GDE. Only catch is you are allowed one refund per app. If you buy it again at another time, there is no refund.

bamfsig45

Reaction score

Alan

I tried GDE a few days ago. Nice, but wicked slow and the screen didn't draw properly. Open Home is better on a Droid at this point.

From what I have seen with the paid apps I have bought, you have 24 hours to try them out. If you don't like, you can uninstall for a refund. I did that with GDE. Only catch is you are allowed one refund per app. If you buy it again at another time, there is no refund.

I uninstalled open home until its stable with 2.0 and I was passed the 24 hour period. It did say I can re-download/install the app for free now that I paid for it. So once its updated (which the developer said was coming) I'll re-install.

This app should help until that time.