for all you Razr users

gchave

Reaction score
i am as of now a Bionic owner but recently been given the option to switch and get the Razr. one of the reasons i want to switch to the Razr is the fact that it will most likely get ICS first and probably run it better. also it has better accessories with it like the lap docks and cheaper hd stations ($9 for the razr hd station and $100 for the bionics hd station(ridiculous!)) I'm a little hesitant though, i guess one of my main concerns is the battery life.. with the bionic i can switch it with the razr as you all no i can not.
can anyone please give me some advise or their opinion on all of this. i don't want to jump into something again like i did with the Bionic and regret it

MsterKush

Reaction score
Turn off 4G when you don't need it, especially if your 3G signal is strong. That alone will save a good chunk of your battery and the phone won't heat up too! Smart Actions is pretty cool too, except when it disables Data and forgets to turn it back on...Otherwise, this phone is SOLID. How solid? I just crashed into a powder stash skiing and my phone still works perfectly. I'd like to see a Rezound survive an impact like that, and not get water damaged.

OP
gchave

gchave

Reaction score
how long would you say the battery would last and does motorola make some kinda of like portable charger maybe like something you can connect to the phone?

Dan_08

Reaction score
Seems battery life is your major concern. Smart Actions and the Sleep function can easily extend you phones life to 14+ hrs. Very good phone, you shouldn't be disappointed.

JP 5.56

Reaction score
On my heavy use days I get about 8-10 hours of battery. Last weekend I got just under 40 hours of battery life before I put it on at 10%.

rn701

Reaction score
RAZR hotspot problems

If you need/use wi-fi hotspot you may want to wait. Several people (including me) have reported it doesn't work on their RAZR. I took mine back. Some people say it works for them, so you might get lucky. I was thinking about getting a Bionic instead, but I think I'll stick with my Droid X until they get the hotspot fixed on the RAZR. I really liked it the two days I had it, except for the hotspot problem.

Deron

Reaction score
If you need/use wi-fi hotspot you may want to wait. Several people (including me) have reported it doesn't work on their RAZR.

I just added Verizon hotspots as well to my Razr and some web pages do not load properly when tethered. This seems to be a common problem. Let me see if I can find a link to some info where you can change a setting on your PC to work around the problem. It still doesn't fix any WiFi tethering to a tablet, though :-(

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...le-tethering-via-hotspot-usb.html#post1867246

Here is a YouTube video of someone doing this workaround for another Motorola phone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sA8S4uzblGU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Deron

Reaction score

Deron

Reaction score
does motorola make some kinda of like portable charger maybe like something you can connect to the phone?

No, but mophie and other manufacturers do. They have universal ones. I am thinking of getting one myself.

http://www.mophie.com/

[video=youtube;hc-M2sqSowc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc-M2sqSowc&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

Last edited:

todroid

Reaction score
No, but mophie and other manufacturers do. They have universal ones. I am thinking of getting one myself.

iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4 and iPod touch battery extender case, charger and more from mophie

Actually, Motorola has been making one for a while, but they upgraded it with Razr's arrival. It's also sold through Verizon, if you have a corporate discount you can use.
P893 UNIVERSAL PORTABLE POWER PACK - Overview - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA

Lars

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I purchased my Razr at Costco and it came with a Motorola portable battery charger (it's the item with the teal plug):

11699798n.jpg

I have only needed it a couple times because I typically get 8-10 hours of battery life, and even more if I remember to turn off 4G when I don't need it. However, the battery charger seems to provide an additional 50-60% battery charge when needed. I really think all the battery talk is blown out of proportion. None of the 4G devices have outstanding battery life, so everyone should just be prepared to plug the device in when possible, and have an alternate power source (battery or charger) for long days without access to a normal charger.

Last edited:

todroid

Reaction score
The teal one is the older version, P793, with 1420 mAh. The current one is P893 with 1800 mAh capacity in the same exact size (but gray cord instead of teal). Verizon has the same exact name for them (Motorola Universal Power Pack), but the old one model number ends on PWR1, the new one, on PWR2. If you're ordering one, make sure it's the new one.

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
It's a solid phone. I can a full day on it with moderate usage. 4G is alot better than it used to be after the ota update that was released 3 days ago. So overall its a solid phone compared to the bionic.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

OP
gchave

gchave

Reaction score
if i get this phone i would most likely get some kind of extra battery charger, how much is that P893 Motorola power pack anyway? it doesn't say on the site.
on a side note the ICS update....i know this is a stupid question because no one really knows when its coming. but I'm hear about bionic getting maybe two more updates before it gets ICS do we know anything about the Razr and if it will just go right to ICS (if so.. that most likely means it will come sooner, right?)