[Follow-Up] Federal Court Denies Samsung's Appeal to Stay Ban on Galaxy Tab 10.1

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
galaxy-tab-killed.jpeg

We have some follow-up news for you guys this Friday afternoon, and it is pretty bleak news for Samsung's Galaxy Tab 10.1. Earlier in the week we reported that Samsung's motion to stay the U.S. import ban on the Galaxy Tab 10.1 had been denied by Judge Koh. Their only recourse was to appeal to a Federal court. Sadly, the Federal court handed down its ruling today and has denied Samsung's appeal to lift the ban on the Galaxy Tab 10.1. Here's a quote from Reuters,

The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit issued a brief order on Friday denying Samsung Electronics' request to stay a ban on U.S. sales of Samsung's Galaxy Tab 10.1.

"Samsung's request for an immediate stay is denied," the court said.

This isn't hugely damaging to Samsung since they are already selling the newer Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 instead, yet its potential ramifications do not bode well for the fate of the Galaxy Nexus phone. It will likely have its appeal denied as well, since it violates the same vague "Siri" patent that the Tab does.

Luckily, both Samsung and Google have a backup plan and are already poised to launch a software fix (maybe Jelly Bean itself) that will save the Galaxy Nexus from this ban. We will keep you guys informed as always.

Source: Reuters

Escobar

Reaction score
I can't wait to see this company crash and burn

jseah

Reaction score
And Bloomberg reported that the appeals court issued a one-week stay on the ban on the Nexus. Samsung and Google can begin selling the Nexus again and Apple has to appear in court on the 12th to respond.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
How does the Tab 10.1 even have the new global/local search on it....does it even have ICS on it let alone JB? I don't think the two issues are the same at all.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I have a fix. Let's shut down every manufacturer of any device that is a competing device to Apple's. Then we all go out and replace all our existing devices with the "correct" Apple devices. Then we'll all have one huge party. You bring the Apple Juice, I'll bring the "special seasoning", (breaks into song), ...And we'll all go down, together...yes we will all go down, together...

mardoon

Reaction score
Google should just buy apple and end of story. Stock holders don't care as long as they make money.

droid_mike

Reaction score
How does the Tab 10.1 even have the new global/local search on it....does it even have ICS on it let alone JB? I don't think the two issues are the same at all.

The tab is allegedly infringing on different patents... the "look and feel" patents that Apple is claiming.

droid_mike

Reaction score
Google should just buy apple and end of story. Stock holders don't care as long as they make money.

If only it were that easy. Apple is the highest valued company in the world. Google + Microsoft combined don't have the assets to buy Apple out.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
If only it were that easy. Apple is the highest valued company in the world. Google + Microsoft combined don't have the assets to buy Apple out.

Let's start a kickstarter!

rherron

Reaction score

Am I wrong in thinking that Apple is valued at about 1.8 times what Google is valued at? I think you're just joking, but let's not forget, outside of this forum, the world loves Apple.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Am I wrong in thinking that Apple is valued at about 1.8 times what Google is valued at? I think you're just joking, but let's not forget, outside of this forum, the world loves Apple.

Eh... some do, some don't. Its like Chevy, ford, dodge.... to each their own.

There have been many people leaving android for iOS, and iOS users coming to android.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Also guys... apple may be the highest valued company.. but check out the stock prices apple vs Google. ..

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!