Folder apps disappearing.

tmac7607

Reaction score
I would try a fix permissions once you get the apps on the screen you want. Reboot then any after that everything should run smooth and stay put. I found only the app icon disappears but the app is still showing installed. This worked for me and its been more than a couple of weeks without anything strange happening.

OP
M

mkthnx001

Reaction score
Thanks, but ROM Manager's "Fix Permissions" isn't meant for Froyo yet, I believe.

Also, I just decided to go with Launcher Pro, I like it more than the default launcher anyway.

tmac7607

Reaction score
The fix permission from bugless beast will do the trick if you are getting error on the regular fix permissions.

gmerilli

Reaction score
Disappearing apps from folders

problema appears to happen if app is loaded on SD card. for some reason several apps installed on the SD card instead of the phone. these were the same apps that were disappearing when re-booting the phone....I went into "settings" and then "Manage Applications". I then selected the "move to phone" button. This seemed to fix my problem.

gmerilli

Reaction score
possible resolution to disappearing apps

problem appears to happen if app is loaded on SD card. for some reason several apps installed on the SD card instead of the phone. these were the same apps that were disappearing when re-booting the phone....I went into "settings" and then "Manage Applications". I then selected the "move to phone" button. This seemed to fix my problem.

tmac7607

Reaction score
apps not appearing

This is because only apps that do not have widgets should get saved to SD card. Apps that have widgets get installed to internal phone memory. Once you move the ones with widgets to phone memory then a reboot is needed to make the change official:icon_ banana:

gmerilli

Reaction score
disappearing apps

Thanks for the reply but i did not have a widget just a short cut in a folder it appears year the sd card is not ready when the short cuts are loaded after a reboot

tmac7607

Reaction score
missing apps + shortcuts

widegets and shortcuts are like the same thing. The real app is in the app drawer. Either way this solves the problem. Anything on the homescreen must be on internal memory. This is only with some roms not all roms. I have tried every rom out for majority of android devices. If you experience the problem again then you know what to do and what to look for. :blackdroid:

oldputter

Reaction score
I don't have a fix, am looking for one myself, but I think I have found what is causing the mysterious disappearance. I have a Droid Charge and any time memory is cleared on the phone is when my apps and widgets disappear from my home screens. I can go to task manager and clear memory or restart the phone, which would clear memory as well and get the same results.

Does anyone have a solution in light of this new (at least I haven't seen it posted anywhere) information regarding the cause of this issue?

JVSEDI

Reaction score
problema appears to happen if app is loaded on SD card. for some reason several apps installed on the SD card instead of the phone. these were the same apps that were disappearing when re-booting the phone....I went into "settings" and then "Manage Applications". I then selected the "move to phone" button. This seemed to fix my problem.

I just got the Droid 3 and moved all my Apps to the SD Card....when I did that then the ones that I had as shortcuts on my homescreen disappeared. I went in and moved only the ones that disappeared back to the phone's internal memory and so far this has fixed the problem. I just don't know why this only happens to some of them and not all of them. I never had this problem on my almost two year old OG Droid...but just started happening on my new Droid 3. The fix right now was moving them back to phone, but over time I really would like to keep my phone's memory as low as possible by moving everything possible to my SD Card. I hope they make a fix for this with a software update.

oldputter

Reaction score
Moving the apps back to the phone did not resolve my issue. My apps disappear whenever memory is cleared on my phone, regardless of whether the app is located on the phone or the SD card. I haven't cleared memory or restarted in the last few days and all my apps are staying put for now but the next time memory is cleared there will be several missing again.