Flurry of Forceclosing!

jsw6380a

Reaction score
Just wanted to make everyone aware of a HUGE issue that I just had with Liberty 1.5. Im not sure I can chalk it up to Liberty 1.5 100% but I will let you be the judge. It seemed to start like a small snow ball at the top of a hill.

First I noticed that my "Twidroyd" widget kept forceclosing.. No biggie.. I tried the app itself with the same result.

Second I tried to open my calendar to put in an event... That forceclosed also but with no notification of force closed..

So I rebooted.. No change..

I wiped cache... No Change..

THEN I tried to put in a password for the wifi at work... Forceclosed.. So I try a factory reset.. EVEN Bigger mistake.. (Have done before without issue)

Then my keyboard was force closing.. Now Im really screwed right??

Well almost... I powered down and put the phone into clockwork recovery by holding power and camera button at the same time.. WHen the M came up I released power and kept the camera button down.. I then let go of camera and booted int Clockwork Recovery Mod.. NOT Stock..

Long story short.. I installed a stable backup.. Just wanted to put this up incase someone had the same problem.. :icon_ banana:

OP
jsw6380a

jsw6380a

Reaction score
If you installed Liberty without wiping Data and Cache before loading up the zip installation file, then it's all your fault. ;)

Its def NOT that the install was clean. Had been running it since release.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

mobile_sensei

Team Liberty
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Fix Permissions...

If you wouldve went to Liberty Tool Box, & Fixed permissions, then rebooted... probably wouldve fixed it...
That being said...
No Matter What When Flashing a ROM, even if your upgrading... WIPE DATA & CACHE....:blackdroid:
Good Luck bro...

xliderider

Reaction score
There's been a lot of people having problems with their sd card failing. You should consider that you might have a corrupted file/filesystem on your sd card. That would cause all kinds of problems like you were experiencing.

mcp770

Reaction score
I did maderstock340 back to stock. Then I formatted my sd card with the computer putting back only my pictures and music. Then I rerooted, went to recovery wiped data, cache, dalvic cache (or whatever its called), wiped battery stats, formatted system, data, boot, then wiped data again. Then installed liberty on what can easily be called a completely clean system...yes verified file sizes. After first day with minimal apps I got the screen lock issue and reboots as well. Just think some phones aren't meant to run 1.5. I had no issues at all on 1.0. Point is bad things can happen even if the user performs the perfect install.

OP
jsw6380a

jsw6380a

Reaction score
There's been a lot of people having problems with their sd card failing. You should consider that you might have a corrupted file/filesystem on your sd card. That would cause all kinds of problems like you were experiencing.

It crossed my mind. But it was 100% stable til today. I retraced all my steps and couldn't fix it. I restored a liberty backup and it has run like a champ. I am gonna give it a few days. I will repost in this thread if it begins to have the problem again.

I just wanted people to be aware of it. And have a method to work through the steps if they needed it.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you made any manual changes to the framework then this will happen. Liberty doesn't like to have its framework altered png by png.

OP
jsw6380a

jsw6380a

Reaction score
If you made any manual changes to the framework then this will happen. Liberty doesn't like to have its framework altered png by png.

After a few more diagnostics of what happened yesterday I believe this was the issue. I was messing around in metamorph earlier that day with some framework files.. That is probably the first time I have dabbled in Metamorph from within Liberty. Im still trying to figure out why it was stable for a few hours afterwards.. Maybe I just didn't open anything that was force closing until later.

Good troubleshooting though... Hopefully this post can help someone else out! dancedroid