Flashing liberty gb over newest gb leak (4.5.591)

MiggyxFresh

Reaction score
Im curious can I flash liberty gb over the newest gb leak? Or its only for .588 leak ?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Koveleski

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.kovdev.com
Liberty is not an overlay. Liberty is a customized version of a leak. If you flash Liberty, you are flashing the system it was built upon, in this case, the .588 leak.

OP
M

MiggyxFresh

Reaction score
Thanks for the info ...
One more question I made a back up before I flashed newest leak can I restore phone with current back up or do i need to sbf...im guessing I do becus of new kernel?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Koveleski

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.kovdev.com
I believe you could restore a .588 backup while on the newest leak, but I'm not positive. I know something was stated about that in the MDW thread.

mcp770

Reaction score
You should be able to do an advanced data only restore from .588 to .591 not a full restore.

xjacobx

Reaction score
so if i'm on .591 do i need to sbf and go back to .588 or can i install liberty, i know liberty will take me back to .588, but will this cause problems... gotta get on to liberty so i can get the HoneyBread theme running on it... but i'm at work so i cant sbf

zwade01

Reaction score
According to the .591 leak thread at MDW, you can put a .588 rom over .591 (obviously downgrading your system) with no harm. Even a nand restore should be fine. Also, I have a honey bread theme on my .591 leak and it's quite nice.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

xjacobx

Reaction score
According to the .591 leak thread at MDW, you can put a .588 rom over .591 (obviously downgrading your system) with no harm. Even a nand restore should be fine. Also, I have a honey bread theme on my .591 leak and it's quite nice.

haha thanks for the kind words about the honeybread theme ;) i made it. i have a back up made... gonna just try it... gotta get honeybread ported over to liberty, and i'm bored at work lol so might as well take a chance i guess.

will report back with results.. hopefully good ones!

xjacobx

Reaction score
install went fine... really like it... i'll hopefully have honeybread converted to work on it tonight!

zwade01

Reaction score
haha thanks for the kind words about the honeybread theme ;) i made it.

Lol I didn't even realize that... Once Liberty gets updated to .591 I hope to see it there!

Last edited: