flashing green light?

Hehena

Reaction score
Just last night I was on the phone with Tech Support for over an hour. I had no wait time, which I will admit is unusually lucky. The Tech was very patient with me, answering a very long list of questions I had about the Droid. I first went through my phone extensively, writing down questions as they came up. When I called, I told the Tech that I have many questions. We went through the questions which brought up even more questions from time to time. If he did not know an answer, he put me on hold and called another tech. I was never on hold more than 30 seconds. I am now very knowledgeable about the Droid. Today I called Tech support to find out the differences between the Droid and the IPhone. I now have that information also.

I stand with my own experience with Verizon Techs, if you need an immediate answer, call Verizon Tech support. If you want help with Apps for the Droid, get on these forums for the experience of all the users. :) dancedroid

As for the Flashing Green Light, it is for "notifications." If you have Text notifications, email notifications, voicemail notifications, missed call etc, Checked in their specific checkboxes, the green light will flash with any new message. If you put your finger on the bar just below it and lightly drag it downward, it will list the new notifications for you. Once you view that, the GREEN LIGHT will stop flashing until the next time you get a notification. If you do not want the GREEN LIGHT to flash, you need to go to each notification and UNcheck the box. For example, tap MESSAGING. Press the button on the bottom left to bring up it's menu. From there, tap MESSAGING SETTINGS. Choose say, Text Messaging. Scroll to NOTIFICATIONS and uncheck the box. You will no longer get the GREEN LIGHT for New Text Messages. Do this for each type of messaging you have turned on and your GREEN LIGHT will stop flashing altogether. If you have difficulty, call Verizon Tech support. :) dancedroid

JoeeDB

Reaction score
How do you guys wake up from something such as the LED light? I barely even notice mine when it blinks green and I have a baby sleeping about 4 feet from me and I only wake up if he's been screaming for atleast a minute. I'm so glad I'm not a light sleeper like some of you :)

tonydelite

Reaction score
No kidding... I think somebody could walk in my bedroom, rip my Droid off my dock, and then throw it at my face and I still wouldn't wake up. Oh well.

Ghostwheel

Reaction score
I stand with my own experience with Verizon Techs, if you need an immediate answer, call Verizon Tech support. If you want help with Apps for the Droid, get on these forums for the experience of all the users.

Your experience is your own, but I'd put the collective knowledge base represtented on this forum up against random VZW tech support any day. Especially for simple functionality questions like the one described in this thread.