Flashing and Removing Roms

Ajmazin

Reaction score
So I have had a rooted, overclocked droid x for almost a month now and I'm interested in flashing a rom. I have looked at all the necessary literature for doing so and I just have two questions. Once I flash a rom, is activation needed for the phone? Additionally, when I want to return to stock rooted, do I just clear data/factory set in bootstrap and restore an earlier nandroid? Or do I have to do the maderstok or SBF method?

Thanks!!!!

turdbogls

Reaction score
once you flash a ROM, you will be prompted to sign in with your google account....however you can by-pass this by tapping the corners of the screen in a clockwise direction starting in the upper right side of the screen....however you wont be able to download anything and your contacts wont show up. you can always add your account later tho. i am pretty sure the phone will work without an account.

as for getting back to stock, restoring the nandroid is the only thing you need to do...no wipe necesary. also, make sure you dont delete any stock app before you make the nandroid of stock....this will save you LOADS of time when it comes time to grab an OTA update.

sk8

Reaction score
When returning to stock or any other rom for the sake of not getting caught in a bootloop. Mount system and format data and cache then restore.

sent from a sweet paper weight.

jsw6380a

Reaction score
When returning to stock or any other rom for the sake of not getting caught in a bootloop. Mount system and format data and cache then restore.

sent from a sweet paper weight.

This is not necessary at all.. technically you don't even need to wipe but I always do.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk