flashing a 4.0.3 ROM back to stock 4.0.2..

Reaction score
is there anything i should do before flashing back to my stock 4.0.2 ROM coming from a 4.0.3 ROM? or can i just flash it as i you would normally flash a ROM..thanks in advance..

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
is there anything i should do before flashing back to my stock 4.0.2 ROM coming from a 4.0.3 ROM? or can i just flash it as i you would normally flash a ROM..thanks in advance..

I assume you have it as a Nandroid Backup? If so, just select Backup/Restore and then select Restore and find your 4.02 backup and install it. I've done a lot of restores and I've never performed any wipes prior to doing the restore.

I the 4.02 you want to install is an actual .zip file, then I would wipe cache/data/Factory Reset and wipe dalvik. Then do the restore. Check that the 4.02 has the correct radio/baseband and kernel. If not, flash those too.

Good luck.

bhfd64

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you're using the stock Odin file you'll want to copy anything on your internal storage that you want to save over to a PC first as it wipes everything on the phone.

maximumhigh

Reaction score
Why??

Hey so i'm still new to android, apple.... old habits die hard... but whatever so I just got the galaxy nexus and im stuck on stock 4.02.... and i want to get to 4.03........ unlike our friend here..... every rom i can fin for ics is on 4.03, not 4.02, what do I do?

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Hey so i'm still new to android, apple.... old habits die hard... but whatever so I just got the galaxy nexus and im stuck on stock 4.02.... and i want to get to 4.03........ unlike our friend here..... every rom i can fin for ics is on 4.03, not 4.02, what do I do?

Generalizing steps here but....
1 - Unlock bootloader
2 - Install a custom recovery
3 - Pick a 4.0.3 ROM you want to try out and download it. You can download it straight from your phone, or use a PC then transfer it to your phone. Make sure you grab the GApps if the ROM you choose requires them.
4 - Boot into your custom recovery.
5 - Make a backup
6 - Wipe. You will need to do this when changing ROMs, this wipes data and cache. Everything on your virtual sdcard will remain untouched (backups, music, videos, pictures...) Apps will go away though. You can back them up with something like titanium backup.
7 - Install ROM. Also install GApps if the ROM requires it.
8 - Boot into Android.

I, or someone on these forums if I am not around, can assist you with any step you need help with but there are tons of videos, guides, etc floating around this forum and the internet. I recommend you read around and get a little bit more versed into what you will be doing, prior to doing it. Not that the process is overly difficult, it is just my recommendation.