Flashed newest nightly, camera doesn't work.

lightsout

Reaction score
I flashed Shadow 154. Recently tried to take a pic and the picture was taken, but the camera just froze and the image was never saved. Any ideas on what I can do?

Artimis

Reaction score
There is a camera fix patch in the first post of the sticky at the top of this forum. My camera was doing the same thing until I installed that.

Just replaced my OG Droid with my brother's old X until the Nexus arrives. This thing is pretty nice though! Running the exact same setup as my OG but performance is off the hook!

clueless77

Reaction score
just asking, have either of you thought about going back to stock rooted and taking the gingerbread update and running some of those ROMs, battery life is usually much better

Artimis

Reaction score
Ive been on CM7 with my OG Droid since Januray (and CM6 before that). I just like the ROM. My Droid is on its last leg and with the Nexus around the corner, this is just a temporary solution. I pretty much cloned my same setup and battery life is better for me than my OG so I'm a happy camper.

The only thing boggling my mind was today, wifi kept turning itself on and eating my battery a bit. I would turn it off and watch it turn itself right back on. A reboot fixed it but I'm hoping it wont be a recurring issue.

OP
L

lightsout

Reaction score
I'm SBFing 2.3.34

Any recommendations on what rom I should use after its done?

Artimis

Reaction score
Looks like there was a lot I had to learn about CM7 for the X. The official nightlies run on .340 which is the Froyo kernel and you must apply the fix I mentioned earlier to get things like the camera to work.

There is an unofficial build on rootzwiki that uses the GB kernel and you must SBF to .602 or upgrade to .605 first. Supposidely, you don't need to flash the extra patch and the camera is working pretty well off that kernel.

Going to have to play around more today. Wished the sticky had all this information so I didn't have to comb multiple forums to figure this out.

OP
L

lightsout

Reaction score
I just SBF'ed to .602. I think I am going to try out something else, like MIUI.

Hmm seems like I have no data connection. Wth

Oops duh wasn't activated.

Last edited:

clueless77

Reaction score
I just SBF'ed to .602. I think I am going to try out something else, like MIUI.

Hmm seems like I have no data connection. Wth
make sure you go into stock recovery and do a data wipe and cache wipe after the SBF, MIUI is what i am running now and its got the 4.0 ICS framework

personally i think REV numbers nightlies are actually a little better then the official

OP
L

lightsout

Reaction score
make sure you go into stock recovery and do a data wipe and cache wipe after the SBF, MIUI is what i am running now and its got the 4.0 ICS framework

personally i think REV numbers nightlies are actually a little better then the official
Hmm I didn't do the wipe and I already got the phone running. Should I still do it?

And it seems like the MIUI rom has been taken down for updating, guess I have to wait.

Also I did petes one click. Got a link on how to get CWM on here?

Last edited:

clueless77

Reaction score
Hmm I didn't do the wipe and I already got the phone running. Should I still do it?

And it seems like the MIUI rom has been taken down for updating, guess I have to wait.

No if its running then you are good, and go to droidmodderx.com and get the MIUI and there are many others there as well

BAD ASS X

OP
L

lightsout

Reaction score
Thanks a lot man. Didn't know about that site. Trying out the Liquid Smooth Rom.