Flash Player for droid

Gymnast66

Reaction score
How on earth do I get flash player on my droid. I have tried everything, and the website says it is not supported on this phone. Please help.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Have patients... it'll come (or just root and you can have it now! hah)

OP
G

Gymnast66

Reaction score
What is the 2.2 operating system and when and how do I get it? What's rooting?

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
What is the 2.2 operating system and when and how do I get it? What's rooting?

Search around the forums and you will find pleanty of info on both these questions. I will answer in breif:

1. When will Droid get 2.2 - I have no idea. The droid is on 2.1 right now and will be getting the 2.2 'froyo' operating system. I have not kept up on this because I rooted my phone and have been on froyo for weeks. The 2.2 OS is what lets you have Flash installed, it works pretty well, fun for watching tv shows.

2. What is rooting - Rooting is like hacking. When you root your phone you are able to change just about anything on your phone such as its operating system, more options, and themes. It is awesome.

baniels

Reaction score
Just hold your horses. The update to 2.2 is starting this week. You don't need to do anything other than follow the prompts to update on your phone when they appear.

kennydied23

Reaction score
Rooting is "enabling" your phone to do more. If you root you can overclock, have custom themes, have custom ROMs, and do more with your phone. Here's a guide: Root Motorola DROID on Android 2.1 Platform Easily | Gadgets DNA

Here's a simplified version; once you root, go to my froyo rom page in my sig and install any 2.2 rom, download and install the flash player .apk file and install that with a file manager like astro or root explorer.

kariann114

Reaction score
I have the 2.2 froyo update...but still cant seem to find out how to get flash player on my droid. any ideas?