www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
no prob just a headzup. But it would be sad on motorolas part if adobe releases flash to the market before they get the 2.1 ota out.

kellex

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was saying that I expect Flash to be bundled in with the 2.1 update.

Mr.Waters

Reaction score
yeah adobe reported that flash is only going to be for new generation android phones running 2.0 and 2.1, because of hardware requirements. Android phones not meeting the hardware requirement will have access to flash lite. So still flash but just not the full 10.1

Mr.Waters

Reaction score
basically with flash 10.1 you can view all flash content on the web, but with flash lite you have to view some stuff in flash windows, and some websites are customized specifically for flash lite, it could be compared to like how youtube videos in the browser are handled on the droid i guess

Cowpoke

Reaction score
Kinda makes one wonder if this is why 2.1 is taking so long. They decided since there really wasn't much being added by 2.1 with the Droid they might as well wait and package Flash with it as well as give the other phones time to work on upgrading also. Google has said they want all phones that can handle it upgraded to 2.1 to reduce fracturing.

Mr.Waters

Reaction score
yeah and the recent powerful android phones coming out will probably be delayed so that they can get the full 10.1 when shipped. The less powerful new android phones shipping out come prepackaged with flash lite. check out hands on reviews with the motorola backflip if you want to see a demo of flash lite

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
The only thing it really says is that it is going to be for the processors we have and above, and that it can be delivered either thru a system update (bundled), standalone (thru the market), or thru the browser (add on).

Anything we decide is going to happen or if it actually will be tied to 2.1 is nothing more than

S-P-E-C-U-L-A-T-I-O-N

It will get here when it does, 2.1 or not.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
droidlife put up an interesting poll. Instead of coping their poll ima link you to the poll site.

droid life: a motorola droid blog

but the question is what you anticipating more, 2.1 update or flash. I want flash they can keep the 2.1

Mr.Waters

Reaction score
im pretty sure that android 2.1 might come with flash, but if it doesn't im not going to unroot either until flash is available