Flash Back to Miui 2.6.29 (2.7.6 theming does not work)

N3xuz11

Reaction score
Can someone give me a link to Miui.us 2.6.29 or at least tell me were I can find past versions since themes app does not work

leftspin

Reaction score
joshwestbrook said:
I'm guessing a simple wipe of the cache/dalvik, factory reset, flash will do the trick if I'm coming from MIUI-2.7.6?

Not sure to be honest, I'm not really up to date on DX ROMs anymore but as long as you're on the proper kernel then yes that will work

joshwestbrook

Reaction score
Not sure to be honest, I'm not really up to date on DX ROMs anymore but as long as you're on the proper kernel then yes that will work

Thanks.. I'll give it a shot... 4.0.4 should be the same Kernel build on both versions, so we'll see how it goes :)

joshwestbrook

Reaction score
Thanks.. I'll give it a shot... 4.0.4 should be the same Kernel build on both versions, so we'll see how it goes :)

This worked out really well. I used CWM to apply the MIUI-2.6.29 package (selected Factory Reset, Dalvik, wipe), auto-restart into CWM, installation, reboot, and synch'd account with Google. The only challenge is that I did have to flash Gapps (probably somewhere in the documentation), but that was simple through CWM also. The themes apply easily as well which is really what the goal was for backing off to 2.6.29 anyhow.