Fla Panhandle Verizon Users

ltkjr

Reaction score
Yesterday I programmed my Droid Incredible to Verzion's network located in the Flordia Panhandle (Niceville). No 3G signal - only 1X. Called Verzion technical service and was told Verzion customers in the Fla Panhandle are connected to the old Alltel towers because Verzion determined that the Alltel towers gave customers a stronger singal. The technican disconnected me from the Alltel towers then connected me to the Verzion towers as the primary signal source. Phone now indicates 3G with about the same signal strength.

GVLBob

Reaction score
Yesterday I programmed my Droid Incredible to Verzion's network located in the Flordia Panhandle (Niceville). No 3G signal - only 1X. Called Verzion technical service and was told Verzion customers in the Fla Panhandle are connected to the old Alltel towers because Verzion determined that the Alltel towers gave customers a stronger singal. The technican disconnected me from the Alltel towers then connected me to the Verzion towers as the primary signal source. Phone now indicates 3G with about the same signal strength.
Glad to hear that there was a happy ending to the story. :) And thanks for sharing this tip... that could certainly help someone else who is trouble-shooting their connection problems.

dorlisa

Reaction score
While at Panama City Beach last weekend, I didnt have 3G.. might be why