Fixed ringtone problem.

Reaction score
I had been having an issue where my default and assigned ringtones would change every time I restarted my Inc2. The issue went away after uninstalling both Rom Manager and Titanium Backup so it was one of these 2 apps that was causing it.

Sent to today from yesterday using tomorrow's technology.

OP
A
Reaction score
OK. So that didn't fix it. This is getting frustrating. Anyone have a fix for ringtones changing for no reason? It happens to the default and for ones assigned to specific contacts.

Krennel

Reaction score
The only thing I've run into that is similar to this problem was my ringtones stayed at their default settings and wouldn't let me change them at all. Turns out my ringtone controller had up and deleted itself, and I had to do a reinstall to fix it.

OP
A
Reaction score
How did u do that?

Krennel

Reaction score
Sorry, poor choice of words. By reinstall I meant reset. I thought about doing a reinstall on the app itself, but I couldn't find an apk out there for it and I never backed it up, so not a lot of options in that regard.

Edit: Just thought of something. If you are running a custom rom, you can try unzipping the rom install package and see if you can find the ringtones application that way. From there you just need to put it on your phone and install it.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry, poor choice of words. By reinstall I meant reset. I thought about doing a reinstall on the app itself, but I couldn't find an apk out there for it and I never backed it up, so not a lot of options in that regard.

I second the idea of doing a factory data reset. See the thing is and I'm not knocking the devs, a lot of them do great work but it can get very complicated and sometimes "little" things happen. I mean that happens to both HTC and Motorola as well so I'm not saying don't root, just that stuff can happen.

OP
A
Reaction score
I've already went back to stock 2.3.3 and did a factory reset. Running Go Launcher and Widget locker. Guess I can take those off and see what happens. I've tried a few roms but keep coming back to stock due to the few little quirks in others. I run Go and widget locker because I don't like Sense.

HezR

Reaction score
Yes!! This is why I got this forum app. Everyone I restart, my wallpaper and all my sounds have been changed. Completely frustrated.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

HezR

Reaction score
Ok, is WidgetLocker!! I uninstalled, and restarted twice and my sounds and wallpaper stayed. Too bad, I really liked the locker app.

OP
A
Reaction score
That didn't work for me. What a POS!

HezR

Reaction score
Well, turns our that wasn't my problem either. It was fine all evening yesterday. When I woke up this morning, they were changed again. The search continues...