Fitness Friday: Paleo Diet

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
paleo.jpg

Today on FF we are going to talk about the Paleo Diet. If you happen to hang around the gym, especially one with crossfitters then you may have heard this term thrown around a few times.

The Paleolithic Diet (aka Paleo Diet) is a diet that concentrate on food that cavemen consumed back in the day. Foods that come straight from nature like fruits, nuts, and berries, basically the hunter/gatherer mentality. The diet is said to reduce risk of heart disease and type 2 diabetes, help with weight loss, improve athletic performance, and help with enjoying a healthier lifestyle.

Cons (Paleo Diet -- What You Need to Know -- US News Best Diets The Paleo diet can be expensive compared to traditional diets. Also because it cuts out dairy you can lose key nutrients that are key to strong and healthy bones).

Overall: The paleo diet is a challenging diet that can yield promising results. But because of the restrictions it can be challenging for beginners. But if you are interested in the Paleo Diet here is a website you can go to get further information: About The Paleo Diet The World s Healthiest Diet Dr. Loren Cordain The Paleo Diet

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i tried the Paleo diet a few years back. It worked well for me. I moddified the diet to include dairy. I lost 40 lbs in 9 weeks. I liked it better than atkins because i was able to eat some fruits.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I've skipped the Paleo craze and gone Slow Carb, also known as The 4 Hour Body by Timothy Ferris.

I've lost 30 lbs in about 3 months, I feel healthier, and I get one cheat day a week. It's not that expensive either, and it's not really a diet so much as a lifestyle change.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
i tried the Paleo diet a few years back. It worked well for me. I moddified the diet to include dairy. I lost 40 lbs in 9 weeks. I liked it better than atkins because i was able to eat some fruits.

Me too. It's called a whole foods diet. SO you can still have milk. Though cheese or anything made from milk is a no no (no processing). Great diet. Paleo is too restrictive.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Great read PC!
While it sounds good in theory, most of us know "diets" don't work for the long term. I don't see the average person sticking with this particular diet simply because it's so restrictive. That said, the overall basic principles of this plan are extremely smart. The point is, you don't need to spend a fortune, you don't need to make it difficult or go to this extreme. Eat healthy, eat smart, eat in moderation and truly make it a lifestyle change and you'll be fine.
The fundamentals are great building blocks though.

tap'n on my S5