Fist Reboot

pabowhunter

Reaction score
I have had my Nexus for 2 weeks not once did it reboot... I down loaded flash from the market and 5 min later while web surfing boom it re booted... so i got rid of it and its fine... anyone else have that problem

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Nope. Every flash site I've been to works fine. Are you running a ROM?

Btw you might want to change your profile, still says Razr

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
I had that happen to me as well. I was on a flash intensive website, and while trying to load video, the phone [crashed and] rebooted. I guess it goes with the territory of using Adobe Flash.

OP
P

pabowhunter

Reaction score
Dezymond.. hehe I have both the razr and nexus.. Maybe it was just coincidental but never once did my phone reboot until I installed flash but I will try it again and see if it happens... My phone is stock, I'm not knowledgeable e enough to root it and have to pay a lad to do it for me. And I am afraid of getting it rooted because the last phone I had rooted was my Thunderbolt and it was always messing up over clocking itself to 1.9 Ghz even though I set it manually,it would then crash and reboot constantly.. 15 times a day.. And I was not knowledgeable enough to know what was causing this.. my girl's thunderbolt was stock and running ok... Mine had gingerbread installed.. So that kind of left a bad taste in my mouth about messing with a phone when you're not knowledgeable enough to keep up with it...

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
No problem at all leaving a phone stock. Have you tried reinstalling flash since? I go to alot of websites that require flash and not once did any of them crash on me, even when I was stock. Right now I'm ROMd with Android Revolution, so maybe that ROM added some stability, but for the week I was 100% stock, no reboots or anything. Try installing again and check to see if there is an update. They had to update flash days after the Nexus came out due to complaints of sites not working properly.

OP
P

pabowhunter

Reaction score
I will try it tomorrow and run it for the day and let you guys know what I find. The newest updated version is what I installed.
Question for you: If I were to have my phone rooted with a custom Rom and so forth. Do you have to keep changing and updating things to keep it running smoothly or is that not necessary

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I will try it tomorrow and run it for the day and let you guys know what I find. The newest updated version is what I installed.
Question for you: If I were to have my phone rooted with a custom Rom and so forth. Do you have to keep changing and updating things to keep it running smoothly or is that not necessary
The rom I'm running doesn't see too many updates, I first rooted and ROMed around Dec. 20th or something and since then I believe there has been one update, which I haven't installed. Since I've ROMed I've had one restart, it was actually more of a complete shutdown, but since then nothing else. Runs smooth, stable, and extremely good battery life. As long as you get a final version of any ROM, they're all pretty stable. I don't have any experience with any other ROMs though, but I'm sure many others will tell you the same. From what I've seen all the ROMs out now are released only when they're stable

Also when you try flash again, go to a bunch of different website that support flash. It may just be one website that proves to be the problem. I've heard of a few cases where certain websites don't play well with the phone.

OP
P

pabowhunter

Reaction score
Dezymond: Thanks for the info, Im new to this site and it's awesome I've got so much help... Great community.. We make the world a little better place..

Reaction score
I have had my Nexus for 2 weeks not once did it reboot... I down loaded flash from the market and 5 min later while web surfing boom it re booted... so i got rid of it and its fine... anyone else have that problem

yep! flashplayer 11.1 from the market causes a lot of probs. i uninstalled it.

read the reviews on the market, even thought it's supposedly "optimized for ICS", lots of GN owners are reporting problems. what do you need it for anyway? i'd dump it and wait for adobe to fix it. :D

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Dezymond: Thanks for the info, Im new to this site and it's awesome I've got so much help... Great community.. We make the world a little better place..
It's what we're all here for my friend. We all came here as noobs at one point and have learned since then. Stick around and you'll learn a whole lot. :)

If you want to know more about root check out the link in my signature, I know there's an article regarding root in there. If you got anymore questions don't be afraid to ask!