Fission?? where are you?

I tweeted AngDroid last night about a GB Fission build and there is one in the works. Could be a couple days before a release. :D

DROID2 on APeX 2.0

i was actually just looking through his twitter feed and it looks like he's offloading dx/d2/d2g and halting work on those phones. he said something about focussing on the atrix and inspire 4g.

Yeah I just read it. Kinda bummed. I was really looking forward to a GB Fission.

DROID2 on APeX 2.0

It's funny how he goes from being a week out, to a day out, and completely abandoning the project. Either way, when he said he would still develop the D2, although it's not his current phone, I knew Fission was done.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Yeah he posted a few days ago saying he was done but I needed more things from the downloader so if anyone can help me find them that would be great but with fission gone does anyone know what's the best alternative to fission?

Sent from my Rooted DROID2 using DroidForums

Several months ago I installed fission 2.5.7. It's the only ROM I ever installed. I did it to rid myself of all the bloatware like I think most people do. I say that because I have not really gotten into this. I have not made a big study of all the possible combinations etc. Fission 2.5.7(Black edition) has worked very well for me for several months. However recently I decided to take a look around for possibly installing a different ROM. Of coarse, that's problematic and I ended up, amongst other mistakes, moving my update zip file, which ultimately cause me to have to go back to stock. I went back to stock by flashing SBF.

What I am wondering, and what is confusing to me, is how easy it sounds to install any ROM. Of course I know you can't do that but I find it difficult to distinguish between some that I can and some that I cannot install.

Redflea, you suggested installing CM4D2. You say that one would have to SBF back to Froyo. Well here's where I'm going to expose my ignorance. I do not believe I have had Froyo,(that is an OS correct?) but it sounds like it came stock, so how could I not have had it?

I have a droid 2. In the "about phone" model number I show "droid 2",. Android version I show "2.2".., System version I show " 2.3 .20 " of course there are some other listings I think are probably insignificant in terms of this. Please forgive me for this long post, I am just a little confused and wish I knew a way to know exactly what I can and cannot install. Again, in these forms I have found a list of suitable ROMs for the droid 2. Yet reading further on I get convinced I cannot install it. If anyone can understand what I am asking then bless you, bless you even more if you care to take a shot at answering it for me.
Thanks in advance for any help I'll keep reading for a while as of now I have some free time on my hands. Thus, I had my shovel,and have been digging myself deeper and deeper.

Thanks again for any help

Steve

Several months ago I installed fission 2.5.7. It's the only ROM I ever installed. I did it to rid myself of all the bloatware like I think most people do. I say that because I have not really gotten into this. I have not made a big study of all the possible combinations etc. Fission 2.5.7(Black edition) has worked very well for me for several months. However recently I decided to take a look around for possibly installing a different ROM. Of coarse, that's problematic and I ended up, amongst other mistakes, moving my update zip file, which ultimately cause me to have to go back to stock. I went back to stock by flashing SBF.

What I am wondering, and what is confusing to me, is how easy it sounds to install any ROM. Of course I know you can't do that but I find it difficult to distinguish between some that I can and some that I cannot install.

Redflea, you suggested installing CM4D2. You say that one would have to SBF back to Froyo. Well here's where I'm going to expose my ignorance. I do not believe I have had Froyo,(that is an OS correct?) but it sounds like it came stock, so how could I not have had it?

I have a droid 2. In the "about phone" model number I show "droid 2",. Android version I show "2.2".., System version I show " 2.3 .20 " of course there are some other listings I think are probably insignificant in terms of this. Please forgive me for this long post, I am just a little confused and wish I knew a way to know exactly what I can and cannot install. Again, in these forms I have found a list of suitable ROMs for the droid 2. Yet reading further on I get convinced I cannot install it. If anyone can understand what I am asking then bless you, bless you even more if you care to take a shot at answering it for me.
Thanks in advance for any help I'll keep reading for a while as of now I have some free time on my hands. Thus, I had my shovel,and have been digging myself deeper and deeper.

Thanks again for any help

Steve

2.2 is Froyo.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Thanks Syndicate, Big help for sure. I take it I could install cm7 as I just went back to stock and should be ready..

Steve

Thanks Syndicate, Big help for sure. I take it I could install cm7 as I just went back to stock and should be ready..

Steve

Yes, you SBF (which you've done), and install CM7 via bootstrap like you did Fission.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Just going to reply instead if edit.
Please excuse my ignorance, but this is what I am talking about in what confuses me. To install liberty, on the page option two states:

"2) Make sure you are on Gingerbread 2.3.3".... Now does this mean giving my spes above that I can not install liberty? I know I can just try and fix if I break but I am trying to understand and am very grateful for any answers that I get...

Back