Fission ROM manager

Reaction score
So I'm bouts to flash fission to my D2G and I downloaded the fission ROM manager, but it came with two files, one is the .Apk and the other one is a zip file that has another .apk file, and both, .apk files are named the same, so it would appear that their exactly the same file. Do I need them both? I'm a lil confused on what I'm supposed to do here?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

Reaction score
I don't know why you got a plain APK and a zip file.. I got a zip file and extracted it for the APK. Either way, the APK is all you need, and you only need one of them.

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
Yea I figued that was the case, but I just wanted to make sure. So just to double check to make sure I got this right. I drop the .apk file onto my sd card and use my bootstrap app to flash it. Correct?

Reaction score
Nope... go to angdroid's site, there is a step by step walkthrough, and it seems like it will be helpful. You just install FRM like any other app. From memory: first, you need root. Then you run the droid 2 bootstrap app, and select bootstrap recovery. After the success message, you open FRM. Turn on your wifi first if you can. Then follow the directions for downloading and installing the ROM and any add ons/themes

kickyindahead

Reaction score
Ive been running the fission rom on my D2G for the past week and i have to say I AM LOVIN IT!! very simple to flash .. just follow the instructions on team defuse website and youre good to go.. simple as that .

Niceguy .. i know its been discussed on a different thread but since im commenting here .. have you tried adw launcher and how well does it work with fission do you know? im currently using LPP as my home launcher..

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
Why do I need my wifi on? Its not a problem, cause I have a wireless network at my house, but I was just curious. And I already have my phone rooted, I just forgot about installing the rom manager first, I already knew about the rest, except the wifi thing? Also, why is it neccesary to have your battery fully charged, and does it have to be exactly 100%, is 90% ok?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Why do I need my wifi on? Its not a problem, cause I have a wireless network at my house, but I was just curious. And I already have my phone rooted, I just forgot about installing the rom manager first, I already knew about the rest, except the wifi thing? Also, why is it neccesary to have your battery fully charged, and does it have to be exactly 100%, is 90% ok?

You dont need wifi its just much faster if you use it. And 100% is not really that big of a deal. The magic number is above 60%. The more battery life the better because you do not want your battery to die in the middle of installing a rom or an add on.

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
Oh, I get it, I was thinking that it wouldn't install properly or my phone would brick or something cause the battery wasn't fully charged lol

TwoBuells

Reaction score
Ive been running the fission rom on my D2G for the past week and i have to say I AM LOVIN IT!! very simple to flash .. just follow the instructions on team defuse website and youre good to go.. simple as that .

Niceguy .. i know its been discussed on a different thread but since im commenting here .. have you tried adw launcher and how well does it work with fission do you know? im currently using LPP as my home launcher..

I've been using ADW ex launcher with Fission for a long time.
Sean yOrk has some great color/icon themes to go with the launcher, makes you choices endless.......

CAP2011012318031.jpg

CAP201101231807.jpg

CAP2011011402511.jpg

you can make some of your own icons also.....

Last edited:

kickyindahead

Reaction score

I've been using ADW ex launcher with Fission for a long time.
Sean yOrk has some great color/icon themes to go with the launcher, makes you choices endless.......

CAP2011012318031.jpg

CAP201101231807.jpg

CAP2011011402511.jpg

you can make some of your own icons also.....

thankyou .. and nice screenshot .. i like your dock bar .. what is that one? Ill hav eto play around with it for a while .. i spent 4 hours in he dmv today and played tetris the whole time while downloading stuff for adw .. currently using LP+ for my default home ..

TwoBuells

Reaction score
kickyindahead;1354843 thankyou .. and nice screenshot .. i like your dock bar .. what is that one? Ill hav eto play around with it for a while .. i spent 4 hours in he dmv today and played tetris the whole time while downloading stuff for adw .. currently using LP+ for my default home ..[/QUOTE said:
The Dock bar comes from Sean yOrk's ADW themes, search market....