Fission help for noob

TehNinja

Reaction score
I just installed fission for my D2G now can i put back old contact lists and apps on?

trook

Reaction score
did you make a backup? you need to export your contacts to a csv file on your sd card and back them up to gmail or verizon before flashing a new rom. as far as the apps go, they should have automatically restored, go to the market, press menu, then my apps and you should see the download process of each app, if not, press menu, settings, privacy, and make sure automatic restore is checked.

knivesout

Reaction score
Yeah, I lost all of my contacts when I flashed to Fission, I had made a backup using MyBackup Root and I was able to go back and restore contacts through that app.

OP
TehNinja

TehNinja

Reaction score
@knivescout will that work if i am using bootstrap?

knivesout

Reaction score
Yes, I believe bootstrap is necessary for flashing ROMs and themes, I couldn't flash anything until I dowloaded bootstrap.

OP
TehNinja

TehNinja

Reaction score
Thanks, but it didnt give me defualt apps back like voicemail.Is this normal?

knivesout

Reaction score
Yes, there are some stock apps Fission seems to get rid of. Search the market for "voicemail" and you should be able to find an app if you want a voicemail button/widget instead of dialing *86. Voicemail is still listed in my contacts though..