First Rom for Thunderbolt?

Doostur

Reaction score
I just completed installing this rom. No issues. Looks good so far.

Parafly9

Reaction score
I'm still on stock ROM. Took me friggen FOR-EVER to get everything back th way it was, but now I'm Titanium backed-up and ROM backed-up and ready to go for whatever images come my way! woot

cush2push

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
already started on a zero tb edition not sure if i want to keep sense or not

OP
texanmike

texanmike

Reaction score
Honestly,

I did it and it was very easy. The steps are outlined perfectly and very fool proof. If you do have issues there is of course a link to IRC.

I don't play with linux much anymore and most of what I know doesn't help. Just being vaguely familiar with adb (see the wiki and read over the steps) is all you really need if you ask me. Of course its your 175-749 so do as you like but its nothing to fear as long as you don't rush. Even just hanging out in chat this early in the game you'll learn a lot about what goes into this process. You might even find yourself able to help someone else out.

Mike

RafficaX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
besides fixing su bc its busted in the rom its awesome, over 500mb free in /system now lol

Morlince

Reaction score
Just finished the rooting process and also got this rom installed. Used the newest vs. of Clockwork to install the rom then ran the kernal update in adb. Everything seems to be working great and i didnt lose root during the update either.

Parafly9

Reaction score
What do you need to do to install this ROM? Previously I just flashed it through Recovery> do you also need to install a Kernel for this one?

Morlince

Reaction score
The kernel is not set up to flash through recovery and you have to use fastboot in adb to do it.

CWR currently has some issues, so...flashing the kernel becomes a little more challenging. Using adb:

adb reboot bootloader

This should boot you into fastboot usb.

Put the boot.img you downloaded into the same directory your command console is working from. Then:

fastboot flash boot boot.img

Once its done:

fastboot reboot

To verify kernel flashed, your kernel date should be March 1st.

It's pretty easy and worked great.

Paulb787

Reaction score
I am interested in flashing this rom. The last step says to:
"Re-use psneuter to reset permissions on su. chmod 4755 /system/xbin/su."

To fix SU prblms. Would that be just typing in chmod 4755 /system/xbin/su eithier in adb or a terminal?

Morlince

Reaction score
i think you would have to start the chmod with adb

so

adb chmod 4755 /system/xbin/su

but you should only have to do this if your su is broke when you install the new rom

chykal

Reaction score
Installed as directed on page 1. No issues to report. Thanks for the quick upgrade to my new phone.

chykal

Reaction score
I do not know why but my battery life has improved significantly after installing this rom. Must be bloatware causing the drain i guess. Thanks for the improvement.