First real pictures of the Bionic?

Reaction score
LoL that made me giggle a bit. Just reminds me how much time ive invested over a phone i have yet to own. I wish the webs had a super duper cache wiper that can remove all the old bionic links/pics

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Reaction score
Hopefully the D3 is July and then BIONIC comes out September along with the SGSII... I'm gonna buy a BIONIC then a SGSII and see which one I like better. My upgrade is on 9/14 :)

Sent from one of those missing Droids

And youre hoping it comes out later than expected only because your upgrade is in sept? How selfish :) ~

Oxymoron

Reaction score
LoL that made me giggle a bit. Just reminds me how much time ive invested over a phone i have yet to own. I wish the webs had a super duper cache wiper that can remove all the old bionic links/pics

Hahaha, me too! It makes me laugh especially when there are pages of comments, all of which have to do with the latest news.... then someone "contributes" with a 6 month old link. :-D
Good times.

I'm glad google has a date next to links when you do a search. Makes it easier to filter through all that old garbage. I've definitely clicked on a few old ones when I wasn't paying attention though. There is unfortunately SOO much more old news than new, about the bionic.

*customized tapatalk signature*

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Man, I wish Moto would just announce it already. They know we know but I guess they are still doing a bit more tweaking and testing or they just want to let the anticipation and hype build.

Oxymoron

Reaction score
I know, really.

I don't know why I'm so excited for it to be released though. I never buy stuff right at release. Always give it a couple of weeks for bugs to be worked out. I will definitely be checking it out in store asap however.

*customized tapatalk signature*

portermac

Reaction score
How long does it take the testers to tip people off on the specs or did they sign some contract saying they can't indulge any information? You would think there would be something out by now if they could let it out to the public. aren't some of the testers developers?

warped1987

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have been stalking the Droid 3 lately, but the latest released pics and specs are making me regret wasteing my time on it. I have heard about the Bionic a lot too, and came here to check it out as a possible contender. Looking at the pics from page 1 I can say it looks almost identical on the front to the Droid 3. I also saw someone say a possible Physical Keyboard? Please do tell, cuz I am the type that prefers a physical QWERTY, and if this phone has one I might be all over it, unless they fudge it up, cuz Moto seems to be messing up lately, I may even switch to HTC or something else. Can anyone tell me any specs on the phone that have been confirmed, or strongly rumored? Thanks.

darkmatter

Reaction score
I get the feeling anyone disappointed with the specs on milestone3 (I'm not yet going to call that thing the D3) will be similarly disappointed in the bionic.

Same chipset (ti omap dual core), though clocked higher I imagine. Likely the same type of screen, though bigger. RAM is anyones guess at this point. Then we come to the big diff, 4g vs 3g.

imo, d3 will be to bionic as d2 is to dx. The dx2 doesn't count for anything...tegra2 and no ffc...

warped1987

Reaction score
I get the feeling anyone disappointed with the specs on milestone3 (I'm not yet going to call that thing the D3) will be similarly disappointed in the bionic.

Same chipset (ti omap dual core), though clocked higher I imagine. Likely the same type of screen, though bigger. RAM is anyones guess at this point. Then we come to the big diff, 4g vs 3g.

imo, d3 will be to bionic as d2 is to dx. The dx2 doesn't count for anything...tegra2 and no ffc...

Yeah, I've been feeling lately that any MOTO device is just gonna let me down. Thinking I might start looking in HTC's phones. I don;t know what they have to offer with a Physical QWERTY or if they are going to offer one though

GBH2

Reaction score

Yeah, I've been feeling lately that any MOTO device is just gonna let me down. Thinking I might start looking in HTC's phones. I don;t know what they have to offer with a Physical QWERTY or if they are going to offer one though

I wouldn't read too much into that review of the Droid 3. The Actual specs are fine. Benchmarks mean very little. It could also be running unfinished software. The Droid 3 specs are very similar to what is going to be in the Bionic. A slightly higher clock means very little and right now 512 RAM vs. 1Gig RAM makes very little difference.

No one thinks the Bionic will be physical Qwerty - upon seeing some of the initial Bionic pictures some people, including me, may have said "what the heck is the chin for? it looks like the Droid slider chin." but no one has ever said that they think the Bionic will be qwerty.

Motorola has not come out with anything groundbreaking since Droid 1 - I wish they would. Maybe you should check out some of the other manufacturers, they make some cool phones. I personally need high build quality and the best signal reception and voice sound quality I can get and the fact remains that whatever flaws Moto might have they are still superior to the other manufacturers in these areas. Your needs may differ from mine.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have been stalking the Droid 3 lately, but the latest released pics and specs are making me regret wasteing my time on it. I have heard about the Bionic a lot too, and came here to check it out as a possible contender. Looking at the pics from page 1 I can say it looks almost identical on the front to the Droid 3. I also saw someone say a possible Physical Keyboard? Please do tell, cuz I am the type that prefers a physical QWERTY, and if this phone has one I might be all over it, unless they fudge it up, cuz Moto seems to be messing up lately, I may even switch to HTC or something else. Can anyone tell me any specs on the phone that have been confirmed, or strongly rumored? Thanks.

Sorry dude.. no physical keyboard. That speculation started over the lip illusion looking like the d1/d2. Im certainly coming off the leaked photo high and require some more info on this lil fkker

warped1987

Reaction score

Sorry dude.. no physical keyboard. That speculation started over the lip illusion looking like the d1/d2. Im certainly coming off the leaked photo high and require some more info on this lil fkker

ok, that's so weird, for them to make a phone with an extension like that and not perfectly round it. Another thing I didn't like about the D3. I love how my D2G just covers up everything, I don't want to see any edges sticking out like that.

Reaction score

ok, that's so weird, for them to make a phone with an extension like that and not perfectly round it. Another thing I didn't like about the D3. I love how my D2G just covers up everything, I don't want to see any edges sticking out like that.

Dont be suprised if that lip is over exagerated from the angle in which the photos were taken. If you look @ the blurry pics it really doesnt look like a lip rather a longer bevelled edge.

And the old droids had the lip because the real estate needed under the hood for all the goodies to fit.

Anyhow well see in the coming weeks as more leaks hit the scene