First Full Galaxy S II Review... In Russian

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
[video=youtube;LWy07SQj_bQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWy07SQj_bQ&feature=player_embedded[/video]

The Samsung Galaxy S II was one heck of a device when launched at MWC early last month. With many of us excited for a formal review, we have one here, although it is in Russian. This website got their hands on a prototype/pre-shipping device, and the review displayed the greatness of the device. The phone passed every test the reviewer put it through, showing off how advanced Samsung really has become with their Galaxy S line of phones. It looks to be an impressive device. The Galaxy Tab has every single advance technology the Thunderbolt has, but just in a thinner 8.49mm thick body. We won’t be getting our hands on this new device for quite some time now, but the videos will give you an idea of what you should expect when they hit the stores.

Video sample (1080P)… Don’t forget to change the video quality to 1080P with YouTube:

[video=youtube;286yZiIgxUc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=286yZiIgxUc&feature=player_embedded[/video]
[video=youtube;4Qzc5pUC91Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Qzc5pUC91Q&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Via: Предварительный обзор флагманÑкого Ñмартфона Samsung Galaxy S II | gagadget.com

Last edited by a moderator:

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Now THIS is an Android device ....

Droid--->ether--->this thread

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
Wow, did you see that language translator via search function? That was interesting. Sweet device...who gets this one, AT&T?

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
^If they do....the decision for me to try them out for better reception is looking more n more promising every day...

And they might get the LG 2X. Yea it might be a lil under the LG 3D with a spec or 2, but I like what I see so far from the 2X.

AT&T's Android line up is getting better n better each month...

Snow02

Reaction score
Probably every carrier just like there last line of galaxy s devices.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
Since then there has been an exodus from Verizon in the flagship phone department though, things are shaken up right now.

The only thing I don't love about this one is with it being a Samsung, it will never be updated beyond launch based on GS1's nonexistent update map (making rooting practically mandatory) and isn't LTE capable. Other than that it looks fantastic.

From a specs list on GSM Arena:

2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
3G Network
HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
Announced 2011, February
Status
Coming soon. Exp. release 2011, Q1

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Now THIS is an Android device ....

Still take the Targa over this?

Probably.....this Samsung is pretty awesome 1GHZ Dual Core Exynos and 1GIG of RAM is hard to pass up : )

Kies over wifi is a nice touch too. Its too bad we get a stripped down version of this with the Stealth. Such a disappointment watching all the best tech go elsewhere.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Hugh gingerbread is nothing to get excited about. Ill take great hardware over updates and that's assuming that Samsung wont pick it up with their update schedules.

They are new to the Android game and are becomiing a leader in the field as far as hardware is concerned (in my opinion) so things may change.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
At this point if it isn't on Verizon it doesn't affect me anyway, I have till November 8th before my 2 year is up, a lot can change in that amount of time so I think I'm going to sit back while all the kinks of 4G are worked out and Motorola decides if it's going to sabotage it's self again. My D1 is hanging in there despite the massive abuse I've given it, so I owe it some loyalty I think. :)

JLangevin

Reaction score
That video is awfully wobbly. Reminds me of when someone attempts to use cheap image stabalization software. Id take a 720p camera over a 1080p if thats the best the the phone can do. I dont feel this demo of the camera should be used as a strong suit.