Fingernails??

alexzam

Reaction score
Ok! I finally and eagerly updated from a Blackberry to a Droid and lo and behold I cannot function on this keyboard. I am a very fast and proficient typist with fingernails just over the edge of my fingertips. I cannot function on this keyboard - I have tried for hours - I finally googled and found actual pending litigation about this. I called Verizon and they waived my fee to go in and swap out my phone - being a customer since 1997 I am glad they treated me this way - this has been a 6 hour nightmare of phone swap outs, charges, credits, etc. These phones were never tested on women. A man who is a guitarist cannot use his either. Anyone up in arms about this? If Verizon intends to come out with the IPhone by year end, they must have someone working on this....I am steaming over inequities.

Nancy

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I see no problems with the keyboard, especially on the better droid 2.

Seems you're used to your blackberry, did you happen to try the Droid Pro? That's the most "blackberry-like" Droid there is.

FC127

Reaction score
I am a big man with big sausage fingers and I have no problem using the keyboard on the droid 2... Did it take some getting used to? Yes. Do I still make spelling errors and mis hit keys? Of course. If it's not for you then it's not for you, but it didn't take me that long to get used to it.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
pending litigation???

No wonder our country is on the brink of self destruction.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok! I finally and eagerly updated from a Blackberry to a Droid and lo and behold I cannot function on this keyboard. I am a very fast and proficient typist with fingernails just over the edge of my fingertips. I cannot function on this keyboard - I have tried for hours - I finally googled and found actual pending litigation about this. I called Verizon and they waived my fee to go in and swap out my phone - being a customer since 1997 I am glad they treated me this way - this has been a 6 hour nightmare of phone swap outs, charges, credits, etc. These phones were never tested on women. A man who is a guitarist cannot use his either. Anyone up in arms about this? If Verizon intends to come out with the IPhone by year end, they must have someone working on this....I am steaming over inequities.

Nancy

Droid isn't for everybody. Sorry it didn't work out for you.

There's a learning curve to the Droid and some people can handle it some can't. I wish you luck with whatever phone you will be using in the future.

OP
A

alexzam

Reaction score
Hmm. I posted on Facebook and I am getting a flurry of people with similar problems....

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Hmm. I posted on Facebook and I am getting a flurry of people with similar problems....

seems the Droid isn't for you and your group of friends then.

Sorry to ask again, but which Droid are you using exactly?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Droid Samsung Fascinate - NOT!

OK. You made your speech and we politely listened. We got it, you didn't like the Fascinate, or whatever Android phone you have.

We try to keep our forum friendly. If you came in here hoping for an argument you're not going to find one.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Droid Samsung Fascinate - NOT!

Well considering you came from a Blackberry that is a huge jump, especially for the keyboard, unless you had the Storm. Otherwise I would say the Fascinate's keyboard is far superior compared to the Storm, try out the Global, again it has the most "blackberry-like" feel

OP
A

alexzam

Reaction score
Thank you for your suggestion - much appreciated.

vatothe0

Reaction score
I'm still laughing about "pending litigation". By who? People that couldn't figure out how to use a phone or people that don't know how to return something?