Find out a way to charge my Galaxy without charger!

knighthorus

Reaction score
I just bought my new Galaxy smartphone last month. My phone was working great except the charging port was becoming problematic.

When my USB wall charger plugged into the phone had to be held in place a very specific way in order for it to be able to charge the battery. I get rid of keepin doing this. It was especially annoying not knowing if my phone would charge if I set it down or overnight. Which could be disastrous since my phone doubles as my alarm clock…

After a short time I could definitely tell that the charging port was completely broken. My first step was to call local provider store, they suggested making a claim using the insurance plan we purchased. The fee to replace it would be $100. It's reasonable, but I got a smokin deal the first time and couldn't justify paying double what I originally paid.

So I decided to wait and had my original phone reconnected to that phone line.

One day I was out shopping and running errands and I remembered seeing pads that you could place your phone on and they would charge it. I quickly found out they would not do the trick!

Then a crazy idea ran through my head! My digital camera has a charger that charges the battery exclusively without requiring a connection to a usb charger cord so I wondered if there was something similiar that exsisted for cell phone batteries.

I called and went to every store in my area known for selling anything electronic, but no luck no one carried them.

After a semi-intensive search online I found a very limited amount of universal chargers that will charge any type of cell phone, smartphone or android phone that has a removable battery!Great!!

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
Did u cause this to break or is it a manufacturer issue....if so then just call ur provider and they should send u a warranty replacement

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
Good idea....but I'd like to know it
broke after one month

I had my Galaxy S3 for over a year and then started having this problem. So I just purchased the Zens wireless charging pack for the S3 and it came with a new battery cover. I hate it because I now can't use any of my chargers, cases or dock that I had purchased. But at least my phone charges now.

I had babied this device and I have absolutely no idea why I started having this problem. Seems to be a little more common than it should be. These USB ports need to be beefed up so that they can last.