Finally rooted. Where from here?

Jmax1138

Reaction score
Rooted today. Where do I go from here for the latest updates and for a froyo build?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

In the other post which I had made. Maybe the dl30 is updated from the bugs it was receiving, since I've used both dl30 and eb01, I reccomend eb.

rockin:
sc nv eb01 v2.4 rom
midnight 1.1 theme

btw, this was 8pen-ed.

Yup, go for EB01. I just like to follow Cory's instructions from the DL30 thread

Not working for me. I cant download from the first two sources

The odin eb01 package is the easiest way to load up froyo.

Sent from my rooted Froyo Fascinate

And what the heck is this Odin and where do I get it from

I get to the step where u load up Odin and hit PDA, but nothing happens. It says thread updated, 0 passed/0 failed...and it wont load anything onto my phone. What do I do?

I get to the step where u load up Odin and hit PDA, but nothing happens. It says thread updated, 0 passed/0 failed...and it wont load anything onto my phone. What do I do?

Did you follow the steps? Place the zip on your SD, then download the eb01file onto your PC? Then open Odin, press PDA, select eb01 package, press start...
This process works perfect, you gotta be doing something wrong.

Yeah did all that. Idk what is going on, I checkd my phone, update is in download folder on my SD, I downloaded the first of the updates, the original froyo update because none of the other ones wud work, had to download Odin, followed the steps, I hit pda, I select the rar. file, hit start, and the screen flashes a second, and in the box on the bottom left hand corner shows succeed 0 failed 0. ??? Wtf man!

Experiment with different roms. Backup before though.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Yeah did all that. Idk what is going on, I checkd my phone, update is in download folder on my SD, I downloaded the first of the updates, the original froyo update because none of the other ones wud work, had to download Odin, followed the steps, I hit pda, I select the rar. file, hit start, and the screen flashes a second, and in the box on the bottom left hand corner shows succeed 0 failed 0. ??? Wtf man!

First of all the update.zip can't be in the download folder, move it out into the main directory of the SD. And what eb01 file did you download, eb01 dxc.tar.md5? You got it from the Odin eb01 thread in development section right?

OK, here's how I proceeded (these instructions were taken from Cory's and Adrynalyne's posts in Androidcentral): I copied the following two files to my phone's SD card (main directory; not into any folder)... update.zip (1363 KB) and the debloated/deodexed EB01 file (stock_deodex_debloat.zip; 179,644 KB). On my computer was Odin, cwm_froyo.tar, and eb01modem.tar, and the loaded Samsung drivers for the phone. The phone's USB setting should be have debugging enabled. Unplug phone from computer, power it down, pull the battery. Start ODIN, plug USB cable into just the phone for right now. Press and hold the volume down key and plug the Fascinate into the PC via the USB cable. You should now see a gigantic yellow triangle and your phone will be in download mode. You can now release the volume key. Click on the "PDA" button in ODIN. Choose the cwm_froyo.tar file from your computer, and click "start". The phone will power down when finished. Remove the USB cable, Reinsert the battery.
Press and hold both the up and down volume buttons at the same time (don't let go) and also press the power button. Hold them..the Samsung logo will appear, disappear, and then re-appear. Now let go of all buttons. You should see a blue menu. Select apply "sdcard:update.zip" (volume buttons move the choices and the home button executes the choice). You should now see a red menu (CWM Red)
Now the volume buttons moves the choice but the power button executes the choice. Select "install zip from sdcard", then select "zip from sdcard", then select "stock_deodex_debloat.zip", select "yes install stock_deodex_debloat.zip". Once install is complete, hit the left most "menu" capacitive button on your phone to go back one screen. Choose reboot system now and ht the power button. You should now have Froyo, but not the correct modem loaded.

Now, Unplug phone from computer, power it down, pull the battery. Start ODIN, plug USB cable into just the phone for right now. Press and hold the volume down key and plug the Fascinate into the PC via the USB cable. You should now see a gigantic yellow triangle and your phone will be in download mode. You can now release the volume key. Click on the "PDA" button in ODIN. Choose the eb01modem.tar file from your computer, and click "start". The phone will power down when finished. Remove the USB cable, Reinsert the battery. Restart the phone. You are done.

Turion, you're gonna have this poor Guy all screwed up with that list of directions.

Too late lol

Back