Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69

[video=youtube;XQeH26xxLWg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQeH26xxLWg&feature=player_embedded#[/video]!​

Well I'm sure most of you are as tired as I am of having to buy a new dock everytime you get a new phone, if you use docks. Well Motorola is releasing a few new docks that will be universal, letting you use more than one particular device with these docks, including tablets.

Last edited:

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Seriously considering purchasing the xyboard and definitely mulling over buying one of these for use with it and my Bionic! Kinda surprised it took them THIS long to make such a product...

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Seriously considering purchasing the xyboard and definitely mulling over buying one of these for use with it and my Bionic! Kinda surprised it took them THIS long to make such a product...

Well, that decision was made easy. Free HD dock & portfolio case with purchase of a xyboard at Motorola.com!

Sent from my Bionic

Big Cam

Reaction score
Judging from the video, the dock has the HDMI right next to the Micro USB, that definitively won't work for all phones.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Finally! This is one of the reasons why people got PO'd with the new releases of phones every 2 months. The old dock they bought didn't work with their new phone!

"Motorola, don't go back to your old evil ways"

sincerely,

Your Loyal Consumers

faganm24

Reaction score
It looks like they have two products.

HD Dock
HD Dock for Motorola Smartphones and Tablets - Compatibility - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA

HD Station
HD Station for Motorola Tablets and Smartphones - Compatibility - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA

From what I can tell these are compatible with:
  • DROID 4
  • Atrix 2
  • Electrify
  • Photon 4G
  • XYBoard (Both 10.1 and 8.2, and both wifi and from Verizon)
They do not list any other phones/tablets. My question is, will this work on the DROID Bionic? Or the Xoom? Or many other Motorola smartphones. The only thing that would allow this to work is the orientation and placement of the connectors.

apotheosis415

Reaction score
Kinda ugly

Its really boxy and kinda ugly. Big and bulky too. I bet they come out with another cleaner looking one down the road.

i was really hoping that silver nob was a quick release. one of my biggest issues with my d4 dock is its a pain to remove. If the connectors pulled down that would be killer.